PDA

View Full Version : Problems and suggestions

22-07-2001, 06:34 PM
I have Windows 98 and a problem (surprise, surprise). It's with my right click command line. I recently tried a eval. version of Psp 6.02. It wreaked havoc with my file associations, but I restored them and backed up certain classes in the registry (see PC World October 2000). However it left a command in the right click menus (Only on folders, I think): Browse with PaintShop Pro. So I went into Folder Options-> File Types/ Folder. The command was there, but when I selected it, the remove button was unavailable. Is there any way to get rid of this command? Also, can you send me the instructions to edit my <new menu with the registry?

I was reading in PC World about editing the folder.htt file to enlarge the preview images. Why not do this with Win 98? Go to start-> settings-> folder options. Click the file types tab and scroll down to <HyperText Template. Click edit and new. In the action field type edit, and in the next field type X:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe, where X = the letter of you hard drive.

Please email me as to whether this idea would work or not.

Brett Dever

22-07-2001, 09:56 PM
...the following is courtesy of PCIN:

'These following 4 keys are where the Righ-Click menu options are stored for folders, directories, and drives. To remove a right-click context menu item, you could delete any of the sub-keys that are below these keys.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHan dlers

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandle rs

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandler s

Link to article:

http://pcin.net/help/articles/registry.shtml

Cheers!!!

e_