PDA

View Full Version : iTunes iPhone and Win7 not synching

limepile
25-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Wife has just installed win7 pro and has an iPhone.

All her apps and music is on her old drive, Vista currently sitting on an external drive ( just in case win7 turns out to be less than expected )

When she connected to the new iTunes she was warned that synching will wipe her phone, which is fine as we authorized the new comp and imported purchases ( file > transfer purchases from " your device name here " ).We disabled auto synching BEFORE attaching the phone

Have everything transfered except videos which were not bought through the iTunes store, but were converted by third party software to play on the phone.

Any ideas on how to get the videos across.

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Connect it then add them then go to the movie / music tab, tick whatever then click on sync

limepile
25-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks.

Seems a little got lost in translation between the wife and I. She couldn't find the videos in iTunes on the old drive and that will be because they aren't stored in iTunes, only indexed there.

A simple drag and drop from one video folder to the next and pointing the new iTunes at them fixed it.

So far she is impressed with Win7..just needs to get her fingerprint reader and tv tuner working...many hours trying to load drivers....and google...and download...

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Whats the tuner?? I've just managed to get mine going (an Avermedia volar x freeview tuner). It's Just as good in Win7, as it was in Vista x64. With the same drivers

limepile
25-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Its an internal on a Asus M51s, tuner model STK7700d.

She found the drivers but they won't install.

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Whats in the file?? a setup file, or an inf file?? If there's an inf file, go to the tuner in device manager (unzip the file if its zipped), then go to drivers / update drivers. Point it to the folder the inf file is in

Which M51S?? There's 3 the E, R, and N (maybe N, looks like this is the only one with a yuan tuner / liteon tuner). Is x86 or x64 installed on this laptop?

limepile
25-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Cool, nice work Speedy.
Its an M51Sn. Running Win7 64 bit.

May possibly have the fingerprint sensor working also.

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2009, 11:59 AM
HOW did you install the driver?? Have you been to the ASUS site ? (http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Qe92mgm2F2CdAEoN&content=download) Or did you use the driver update option in Win7? Ah, you may have a prob with 64 bit, there's no vista 64 bit drivers for it (on the ASUS site). If you can manage to find a laptop that uses the same cam, and has Vista 64 bit drivers, you should be able to install them

limepile
25-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Got all driver files from ASUSTeK site. Only had the one problem which you fixed for us.

The fingerprint driver installed and if my wife read each line in a drop down menu, she would have had the reader working last night.

Had been told all windows drivers would work, they don't. This may be an issue for anyone not to tech savvy or not having access to this site !

For any missing Win7 64bit drivers we used Vista 64 bit.

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Try these drivers (http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=un3hitoonkMSfRsX&content=download) for 64 bit Vista. Looks like this notebook uses the same tuner. Yup, I found that the brother printer drivers for the printer here (for 64 bit Vista) dont work in Win7. They'll install, but kept on saying the drivers were missing (what)? The same drivers install fine in Vista x64

limepile
25-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks.

Everything works now.

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Sweet !