PDA

View Full Version : Windows 98 Startup logo Screen

22-07-2001, 12:37 PM
Hi I am getting sick and tired of the same old Windows 98 startup and shut down screen logo.
So I decided to change it anyway I changed the shut down one and thats all fine just I cant find the Startup Screen to change could someone please tell me where I could find it
Cheers

22-07-2001, 01:31 PM
to make it easy download x-setup (www.tweakfiles.com) you can change it in that. just note there are two start up pics. sometimes if you change the default one and you have a bad shut down it will reboot with the windows default. i personally dont use any. use tweakui to disable splashscreen. makes it a little quicker to boot and helps to find faults.

22-07-2001, 03:58 PM
The startup and shutdown screens are stored in the following files:

c:\logo.sys (Windows startup screen)
c:\windows\logow.sys (shutting down message)
c:\windows\logos.sys (safe to turn off message)

If logo.sys does not exist, Windows 98 uses the default screen stored in io.sys. To overrite this create a new logo.sys in the root directory.

To edit these images, rename the .sys extension to .bmp and open using paintbrush. These images should be no more than 256 colours and 320 x 400 resolution. Once you have created your image, save and rename the extension back to .sys

22-07-2001, 06:38 PM
Copy the logo.sys file from your hard drive to another area. Rename it Logo.bmp and edit it. Copy it back and overwrite the original and hey presto.