PDA

View Full Version : Networking

21-07-2001, 09:30 PM
We have our two computers connected by a network which has been working just fine until today when we connected to another Internet provider Without thinking we installed it in both computers. Now the guest computer can't access the internet through the network,. The network software is wingate 2.1. Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions. Something must have changed in the settings of the guest computer, we have uninstalled the new IP
from that computer. I am not sure what to look for

21-07-2001, 10:26 PM
hi Topsie,
you will have two types of IP address. One will be your internal IP address, the other will be your Internet IP address which will likely change each time you dial the Internet. You should have to adjust any IP addresses to change ISP, simply a phone number, username and password.
When you say guest computer I presume you mean the client PC. This should require no change at all.
Good luck.

21-07-2001, 11:27 PM
Hi Anon, Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't think I made it very clear but we are keeping two internet providers. To my way of thinking we should still be able to connect to the internet using the original one even if we couldn't connect with the new one before changing something. This is why We think that we must have something that has altered itself in the process