PDA

View Full Version : Win7 - chipset driver

bk T
22-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm considering to upgrade to Win7 64 bit in the 'near future'.

I've got Gigabyte EP45-DS4P MB and just checked the drivers availability in Gigabyte site, found that there isn't any chipset driver for Win7 64 bit. Does it mean that Win7 has already got the chipset driver and it is not necessary to install the chipset driver?

wratterus
22-10-2009, 09:51 AM
More than likely it will. I've done 6 builds with asus and gigabyte mobos and win7 this week, and win7 has found all the necessary drivers all by itself. I normally install the video and sound drivers anyway so you get the utilities etc, but you should be fine.

If it doesn't, chances are an older version of the chipset drivers will work fine.

pctek
22-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Gigabyte EP45-DS4P MB isn't any chipset driver for Win7 64 bit.

Or Vista 64bit? Cause that should work just the same.

Agent_24
22-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Forget Gigabyte's website.

There are so many motherboards they just don't bother to update them all.

Since it's an Intel chipset board, go to Intel's website and look for any drivers there.

Blam
22-10-2009, 03:11 PM
More than likely it will. I've done 6 builds with asus and gigabyte mobos and win7 this week, and win7 has found all the necessary drivers all by itself. I normally install the video and sound drivers anyway so you get the utilities etc, but you should be fine.

If it doesn't, chances are an older version of the chipset drivers will work fine.

+1

Never had any issues with W7 Drivers....best damn driver support ever.

Anyways-99% of Vista drivers work in W7 as PCTek has mentioned.

Blam

evrypc
22-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Why dont you put the RC of win7 on and see what happens...
:)

linw
23-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I agree, it is impressive how W7 finds drivers for you. Mobo drivers? What are they?!!!!

My printers just got added when I switched them on - cool. My Canon 8400F scanner is the only thing that seems to stump it. I get it going, though.

gary67
23-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I installed last night, have not installed any mobo drivers as the CD was for 32 bit. Win 7 just picked everything up

Speedy Gonzales
23-10-2009, 05:52 PM
The win7 audio drivers for this are better than the latest ASUS drivers on their site (which say theyre for Win7) lol. You can hardly hear the sound with the ASUS drivers. And the headphones options didnt appear under sounds either. With the default they did, and the sound was heaps better

Blam
23-10-2009, 09:12 PM
The win7 audio drivers for this are better than the latest ASUS drivers on their site (which say theyre for Win7) lol. You can hardly hear the sound with the ASUS drivers. And the headphones options didnt appear under sounds either. With the default they did, and the sound was heaps better

Yep, and I've had a few of my classmates who had BSOD's from Ati's own drivers.

After uninstalling those, then using the ones that WU picked up, the problem was fixed.:thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
23-10-2009, 09:25 PM
The ATI drivers were OK (it was updated for some cards today / yesterday 9.10). So, I just downloaded those, and installed them. Altho, didnt really need them. I'm only connecting to one monitor. The Win7 drivers were probably good enough