PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Phone Battary

LynX
19-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi all,

I've recently bought a new mobile phone, and its battery seems to be acting up.

The first charge I charged it for nearly 16 hours. Then the phone went well... for three days, with 2 bars on third day. On the afternoon of fourth day, it suddenly alerted "Low Battery", without much signs of low battery before that.

Since it's only 2 weeks old, I went back and asked for a new battery. But similar story: full power on first days, flat on fourth.

I don't think this is a problem with my usage anyway, because otherwise the power wouldn't be such a huge drop (I admit I was using it pretty heavily recently: it's a music phone and that's what they supposed to do).

So why did that happen, and what should I do? It goes out of power without any precaution, so I don't have much a chance to recharge it. It's annoying how the phone may be out of battery when you need it the most.

p.s. It's a Li-ion battery.

pctek
20-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Take the entire thing back and show them, ask for a complete replacement.

inphinity
20-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Nokia N-Series?

Trev
20-10-2009, 07:59 AM
4 days sounds pretty normal. I have had 2 cell phones one a Nokia and now a Samsung. Under light use I could get nearly a week out of them, but under heavy use maybe 3 or 4 days.
:)

sam m
20-10-2009, 08:05 AM
4 days of moderate to heavy usage seems normal to me.

linw
20-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Don't know what you were expecting, exactly. Lithium batteries have a very flat discharge 'curve'. They hold their voltage well but then dive. The management system will cut off to preserve the battery as it is bad to run them flat..

Just charge the darn thing every three days?

wratterus
20-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I've got a flash Nokia about 2 1/2 years old now, I've taken good care of the battery and get around 3 days out of it, the newer phones always seem to be using more power, 3 - 4 days seems about right to me.

GameJunkie
20-10-2009, 09:52 AM
that seems normal, i get 3-4 days out of mine

LynX
20-10-2009, 07:10 PM
So... it's what it SUPPOSED to happen, I suppose? (The phone is a LG GM310, which claimed to have 13 days standby time. But I think it's a white lie)

The truth is, I'm not frustrated at the fact that it'll only run for 4 days, and I wasn't expecting anything much longer than that. But it seems weird to me how the battery volume "dives" straight to zero from 2 bars. I wasn't prepared for it, that's all.

The previous phones I've used all goes to 1 bar, and gives another day before it reports "Battery Low". At least that'll give me a night to charge it up again. I was just suspecting whether there's anything wrong with the battery or the phone itself, because if there's a 1 bar on the screen, it's probably there for a reason, other than confusion :).

p.s. Thanks everyone for your helps. It's really appreciated.

beeswax34
20-10-2009, 07:38 PM
4 days is pretty good, mine only lasts one day considering how big a screen it has. The huge drop maybe because a lot of phones don't have a very accurate battery meter. So it may show 2 bars before it completely dies but your battery probably only has 1 bar at most. Its common so just enjoy your phone :)