PDA

View Full Version : Refill ink cartridge or buy new

nedkelly
18-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Hey was wondering what is better to do, refill an ink cartridge or buy a new one?

pctek
19-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Depends.
This place is quite good:

http://www.ezyink.co.nz/shopping_cart.php

The compatible ones......

DeSade
19-10-2009, 08:25 AM
If the printer is under warranty then do not refill the cartridge. In my experience its very easy to tell the right ink from the wrong and it will void your warranty no matter what you return the printer for.

In my last job we had many printers returned with refilled cartridge and our suppliers denied ALL warranty claims when the testing found a refilled ink cartridge or residue of ink that was not approved for the machine.

Misty
19-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Don't use Inkworks ! :annoyed: :( :annoyed:
Misty

wainuitech
19-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Personally I always use new. I have tried a few "compatible or refilled ones and every time there has been problems.

When ever I go to someones place and its a printer problem, I would go so far as saying 90% of the time its because of incompatible cartridges / ink, put in a new genuine one and the printer works again.

I used to have an account with cartridge world - they closed it after I refused to buy any more in a two year period - when they asked why, I mentioned the above, and the comment was " OK fair enough, there are sometimes problems".

Well of course lots of people dont have problems, but you never going to get a call for help if things are working OK. :rolleyes:

plod
19-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I just buy a new printer, got an epson stylus cx5500 for $39 from HN.
Unless of course you have an expensive printer then I wouldalways buy new.

B.M.
19-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I would have refilled hundreds over the years using Calidad ink and never had a problem.

The biggest problem was getting the ink.

However, I bought a new Canon MP210 for $29 ($49 with $20 money back)
and it works great.

Hasn't run out of ink yet so I don't know how I'll go with this one when it does. :lol:

wainuitech
19-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Funny you say that plod - my old HP tri color was costing around $100 then the black as well, and it wouldn't run on anything but originals :( - so I thought bugger it - and brought a color laser MF As advertised at Ascent (http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=359260) -- Lets say from Ingram Micro ( supplier) I got it less than the one advertised at Ascent - Including freight, and it weighs 35kg :D

Now I have two lasers - one black, other color.

Poppa John
19-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Funny you say that plod - my old HP tri color was costing around $100 then the black as well, and it wouldn't run on anything but originals :( - so I thought bugger it - and brought a color laser MF As advertised at Ascent (http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=359260) -- Lets say from Ingram Micro ( supplier) I got it less than the one advertised at Ascent - Including freight, and it weighs 35kg :D

Sorry W...can't resist this. That printer sounds like a chicken to me!!!! PJ :rolleyes:

wainuitech
19-10-2009, 10:02 PM
What exactly do you mean by "a chicken" ??

It will save me hundreds of $$ per year in inks, and the print quality is better than any inkjet I've seen.(apart from dedicated photo printers that cost $$$$$ in inks) Esp considering I have 4 -5 PC's printing to it.

Poppa John
20-10-2009, 10:13 AM
What exactly do you mean by "a chicken" ??

It will save me hundreds of $$ per year in inks, and the print quality is better than any inkjet I've seen.(apart from dedicated photo printers that cost $$$$$ in inks) Esp considering I have 4 -5 PC's printing to it.

Ingram,Tegel, Battery, Free range !!!! Yeah, I know, Sick. PJ :(

plod
20-10-2009, 03:55 PM

I have given up printing anything but the urgent stuff at home. especially since I have access too any of the printers at work.