PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Pointer Options tab missing

Tony
17-10-2009, 09:37 AM
This has all been over the phone so I may not have complete information, but:

I have been trying to help someone tune their mouse by enabling pointer trails etc. However they are adamant there is no "pointer options" tab visible when they get into the mouse properties. They have Vista.

I've never come across this before - ideas, anyone?:confused:

Cicero
17-10-2009, 09:48 AM
This has all been over the phone so I may not have complete information, but:

I have been trying to help someone tune their mouse by enabling pointer trails etc. However they are adamant there is no "pointer options" tab visible when they get into the mouse properties. They have Vista.

I've never come across this before - ideas, anyone?:confused:

If we are talking mouse in CP,then I have just looked in mine and there it is.

Bit of a puzzle that!

Tony
17-10-2009, 10:02 AM
If we are talking mouse in CP,then I have just looked in mine and there it is.

Bit of a puzzle that!Well, yes - hence the post.

Blam
17-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Could the user take a screenshot?

Also, run sfc /scannow in command prompt and see if that helps. It may ask for the Vista DVD to be inserted

Tony
17-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Could the user take a screenshot?

Also, run sfc /scannow in command prompt and see if that helps. It may ask for the Vista DVD to be insertedGood idea, but as I had to walk the user through the process of printing a document from MS Word, that might just be a step too far. I suspect a home visit is on its way...

pctek
17-10-2009, 02:35 PM
they are adamant there is no "pointer options" tab

I've never come across this before

I have.

Had a gentleman the other day who absolutely insisted his doubleclicks would not launch his desktop apps.

Nor did the slider under Screen Resolution exist in Display, Settings.

And even more peculiar he did not have All Programs showing when he clicked START.

I find this sort of missing and non-working stuff disappears like magic once you give up on the phone and drive over there.

Tony
17-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I find this sort of missing and non-working stuff disappears like magic once you give up on the phone and drive over there.See my previous post...:)

The odd thing is, these people have just been on a short "Intro to Vista" course (conducted by me at Seniornet), where we did this very exercise, so they should know what to look for.