PDA

View Full Version : Asus A6000 laptop

Myth
16-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Can someone confirm for me please that the fan runs as soon as the laptop is started?

I have been given one to look at. Starts up, keeps going about 10 seconds and then shuts off. Fan is dormant the entire time. Fan will spin free though so its not blocked or anything

I suspect fan has failed, making sure it is not something worse (CPU, mobo)

Doesn't stay on long enough to post

Sweep
16-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Can someone confirm for me please that the fan runs as soon as the laptop is started?

I have been given one to look at. Starts up, keeps going about 10 seconds and then shuts off. Fan is dormant the entire time. Fan will spin free though so its not blocked or anything

I suspect fan has failed, making sure it is not something worse (CPU, mobo)

Doesn't stay on long enough to post

The cpu fan should run on start up.

Myth
16-10-2009, 08:45 PM
My experience in laptops is rather limited.
I know the fan SHOULD start as soon as the computer starts, but I also know that each brand of laptop is different. Or is this the one constant in them all... the fan ALWAYS starts on startup

Myth
16-10-2009, 10:27 PM
One more thing; where can I find a CPU fan for this laptop?

Myth
17-10-2009, 06:53 PM
<bump>

One more thing; where can I find a CPU fan for this laptop?

Sick Puppy
18-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Asus in Auckland sell them, otherwise look for scrapped ones on Trademe and take your chances. Going to Laptop repairers isn't that great a plan, as they are more expensive than Asus themselves in many cases... I found that with my wife's laptop

Myth
19-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Asus in Auckland sell them, otherwise look for scrapped ones on Trademe and take your chances. Going to Laptop repairers isn't that great a plan, as they are more expensive than Asus themselves in many cases... I found that with my wife's laptopI rang Asus on their support number and was told that they do not sell parts. If I wanted the laptop fixed it would have to be sent to them.

Nothing on TradeMe for an Asus A6000