PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Questions.

Poppa John
16-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi All.

Maryann's HD is 80GB & filling up.

Part One...Will the hard drive in an External HD fit into the computer & the Internal HD fit into the Extrnal case.

If so is it possible for me, With 10 thumbs, move , image?, the 80GB onto the new one. Then reformat the 80 as a backup unit?

Part two... Is it possible for me to install a bigger Internal HD & copy, Image, the 80 GB contents over to the new one?

Thanks. PJ.

Sweep
16-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi All.

Part One...Will the hard drive in an External HD fit into the computer & the Internal HD fit into the Extrnal case.

If so is it possible for me, With 10 thumbs, move , image?, the 80GB onto the new one. Then reformat the 80 as a backup unit?

Part two... Is it possible for me to install a bigger Internal HD & copy, Image, the 80 GB contents over to the new one?

Thanks. PJ.

The above is possible but I would suggest you get another person to do it for you.

Just going on a previous post you made where Maryann suggested you leave her PC alone.

Blam
16-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi All.

Thanks. PJ.

Part One Answer: Yes, as long as you get a 3.5" External HD. It is big and uses a power adapter

Part two answer: Yes. You could use Acronis, Clonezilla, Macrium Reflect, DriveImageXML or SelfImage

Blam

SolMiester
16-10-2009, 01:54 PM
The above is possible but I would suggest you get another person to do it for you.

Just going on a previous post you made where Maryann suggested you leave her PC alone.

I laughed!

pctek
16-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi All.

Thanks. PJ.

The drive and enclosure need to be the same - that is, either IDE or SATA.

Other than that, no problem.