PDA

View Full Version : video capture

20-07-2001, 03:25 PM
My friend has a Sanyo Digital video camera and can capture stills from it to the computer but would like to view videos from the camera onto the computer and be able to edit them as well.
What software will he need to do this???
kind regards Warwick S.

20-07-2001, 09:12 PM
hi Warwick,
depending on if the camera has WDM or TWAIN Video For Windows drivers available for it there are many different options open to you. Programs such as adobe premier are an expensive option but will provide the editing functions you require. If you can live without editing, I suggest the fantastic Windows Media Encoder from Microsoft. This application can compress on the fly on a P3 and is free on the Microsoft site. If you can provide more information about the camera and driver support I may be able to be more specific about application support.

26-07-2001, 01:17 PM
Hi, I use MGI 3 video sucessfully but also in MS Millenium there is a program built in that will do what you want(windows movie maker)
you will need a firewire connection of course - and I had a problem in that I needed a patch from MS to make it work ......if you contact me I can send you the zipped `hotpatch` file that MS sent me to make it all happen......