PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted shortcuts on start button

20-07-2001, 12:25 PM
How do I get rid of program links that appear when I right click the 'Start button'on Win98. The programs have long since been deleted.

20-07-2001, 12:46 PM
Hi Ron,

You really should uninstall things not just delete them..
Controll Panel, Add/Remove Programs.

But, you can Right Click on any shortcut in the Start Menu and delete it, or move to another Menu etc..

Ken.

20-07-2001, 03:11 PM
As you may want to keep software on your system, but not have it on your start button, you are able to remove items from the start menu by clicking start-settings-where you will find`TASKBAR&START MENU' which allows you to edit the start menu.
Vince

21-07-2001, 01:12 PM
Or just click Start-> to where ever the offending shortcut is, and right click on it and select delete.

PS, F.Y.I
You can move them round in the Menu by right clicking on the shortcut and holding it, and dragging to where ever you want as well, a menu will pop up when you let the click off and you select Move or Copy pending what you want to do. Or, if you wanted to put a shortcut 'into' the Start Menu right click an hold and drag it over Start, the Menu will pop up and navigate to where you want to put it, let the click off and select Move here, or Copy..

Ken.