PDA

View Full Version : Good Laser B/W printer

Grampsey
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys, my HP Inkjet printer has just packed a sad, can anyone recommend a good B/W Laser printer ?? cheers Grampsey

somebody
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
If it's still available, the Canon LBP-3300 (http://www.canon.co.nz/products/printers/laser_printers_low_medium_volume/lbp3300.aspx) - I've printed over 10000 pages on mine over the last 3 years, and it's still going strong. The main selling point for me was automatic duplexing, as it means I can print most things in duplex or booklet format and save paper.

Toner is very cheap too, since it uses a very common HP toner cartridge. I'm on my 3rd toner at the moment.

somebody
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM

Grampsey
09-10-2009, 04:58 PM
many thanks somebody -- I will nave a search for one.

mzee
09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I have a Brother Laser printer, very good. Current price $140 - $129

robbyp
09-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Guys, my HP Inkjet printer has just packed a sad, can anyone recommend a good B/W Laser printer ?? cheers Grampsey

The current hp cheap ones are quite good. They actually only cost a few dollars more, than the retail toner price. However you can get cheap refills for the HP ones.

bob_doe_nz
09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
One other possibility is to look out for some older HP workhorses. They aren't cheap, light or electricity friendly but they last!

Brucem
11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I have a Brother HL 2040 which is good. It does manual duplex (prints all of even # pages, then reinsert paper and print odd # sheets. I find envelope printing hopeless though. I get refilled toner catridges A about 2 thirds the price of new. Printer price $129-$149.

Nomad
11-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I guess duplex may be useful.

I have had a HP since 1995 I think and that is fine, v economical after 8yrs it started picking up more pages it is a drop down version than a tray paper version. But as I understand they don't have lasers of this design anymore. We also got a Canon laser also a scanner that uses a tray system and that is great.

I have done refills, don't like it, the edges may bleed, also that the ink may not be as good, it may not have all the greytones when printing a pdf brochure with images. I prefer to pay 2x or 3x for a real HP model toner, because at the end of the day per page they are pretty cheap already.

Not tried Brother, or OKI.
At work we do have a Lexmark, quality good as well but as I understand the toner can be pretty expensive.