PDA

View Full Version : What should happen?

ollieogg
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I have copied the iso image of Windows 7 to a DVD. I have cleared off a portable HD. Ideally I should just run the DVD and hope it asks me where to install it? I don't have a back up disk of my Vista OS, that is kept on a partition of my C drive so I was hoping to put 7 on this other empty drive I have. What happens, or should I say, what do I do? once I have done all that. If I want to use 7 do I just go to the drive I have installed it on and click something? I really haven't got a clue what to do after that :waughh: Any/all help is appreciated.

Regards Katy

Speedy Gonzales
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
By copy, do you mean copy as is to a DVD. Or did you use a program to burn it to a DVD?? (Which is what you have to do). Then boot from the DVD (reboot go into the BIOS change the bootdisk to the DVD)

ollieogg
09-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I burned the "image" which is an ISO to the disk. As for bios? Never been there,heard its scary. :) I honestly know nothing about it.

Speedy Gonzales
09-10-2009, 02:03 PM
The BIOS is where the settings are for whatever devices. Its where you configure things like USB etc. I dont know what the key is, to get into the BIOS (its usually the Del key, or maybe F1 / F2 on laptops). It may tell you after you reboot. It may say something like press xxx to get into setup. If it goes too fast press the pause key to stop it

ollieogg
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
And then..??

Speedy Gonzales
09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
And then once you get into the BIOS change the bootdisk to the DVD (dont ask me where this is), save the settings. Reboot then press a key when it says to (only press it once) when it keeps rebooting. Just make sure you tell it to install somewhere else besides c (wherever Vista is installed). Or you wont have vista

ollieogg
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Thank you :)

zqwerty
09-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Like your sig, ollieogg