PDA

View Full Version : Odd screen

Scouse
09-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi folks. Using Vista Home Premium.
Started up this morning and my screen picture did not appear. Just a plain black. All the icons appeared and worked well. In the right click the desktop/personalise/etc I can change the background colour but the option to insert a picture does not function. No recent changes likely to cause this and a System Restore produces the same situation. Any ideas? Thanks

Sweep
09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I have seen that on non genuine Windows before. Not saying your copy is not genuine BTW.

wratterus
09-10-2009, 10:00 AM
What if you were to go to my pictures (for example), right click on an image and select 'use as desktop background' or whatever it is in Vista.

Also in system properties, double check that Vista is activated. You could also try setting the theme back to Vista default incase high contrast or some ease of access setting has been mistakenly enabled.

Scouse
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Sweep - behave yourself. :rolleyes:

Hi Wratterus - the right click option on one of my own pictures - the one that I was actually using for desktop - worked perfectly. Of interest, it also seemed to trigger and reinstate the original options that normally exist under desktop/personalise. I have shutdown and restarted and the options have held. Advice appreciated. :cool:

Cicero
10-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Have you run all you anti virus and malware apps?
Sounds quite unusual S.