PDA

View Full Version : Sending bulk email (no not spam)

radium
09-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Hello Guys,

We are having a customer event and have gathered a pile of email addresses, (willingly from our customers) :)

What my boss wants to do is send them out individually so only their name appears in the Send To: field (so it appears personal)

I explained that this would take ages, and said that we could Bcc it.

That's ok but what she would like is their name to still appear as if it's an individual email, sent to just them, and not everyone.

Now we you send just Bcc it shows the To: field as undisclosed sender.

Is there anyway we can use a Bcc type function but have their address and only their address appear in the To: field

We only use outlook express but it need be I could download another email client if it will do the job.

Thanks guys

somebody
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
You can do an email mail-merge using MS Word.

Speedy Gonzales
09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
It wont matter what email client you use, if you use bcc, it'll do the same thing

somebody
09-10-2009, 08:52 AM
You can do an email mail-merge using MS Word.

Using this method, you send individual messages using the To: field. Since it's mail merge, you can also customise the content, so the email body says "Hi Radium. As one of our best customers we want to offer you...."

DeSade
09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Client Connect from MYOB will allow you to do this, download the free trial and check it out.
www.myob.co.nz
click the big graphic on the bottom right

radium
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys will look into my options

sroby
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Hello Guys,

We are having a customer event and have gathered a pile of email addresses, (willingly from our customers) :)

Thanks guys

Be VERY careful here. Just because you have customers emails DOES NOT mean you can mass mail them.
I think you may find they have to 'opt in' ie agree to your mailouts.
You MUST include a unsubscribe option in the email.
I wont take much to get you on a few blacklists, and possible hefty fines.

Ive been in this situation in my 2 previous jobs. The boss thought since he had all these customer emails he could spam them, they didnt see it as spam as they were a legitimate company. :badpc: :badpc:

radium
09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks, Customers have been asked for address and explained what for,

And a unsubscribed link will be added in email.
Cheers :thumbs: