PDA

View Full Version : Start Menu Folders Disappearred

19-07-2001, 04:32 PM
Hi,

All my program folders have disappeared from my start menu in Win98 (except the Startup and Microsoft folders)

Is there anyway of retrieving these without a reload of Windows (which is what I have done previously).

If anybody asks no I did not delete them inadvertantly and they are not where I would expect them to be (C:\Windows\Start Menu\program files)

TIA
Graeme

20-07-2001, 12:08 AM
I take it you haven't inadvertently moved the folder? Too obvious, I know. I did play around with mine and it is possible to apply the hidden attribute to the folder and then you can't see it either from the Start button or in Explorer if you have the 'Do not show hidden files' option turned on in the View, Folder Options. Pretty obvious and I guess you probably checked that. Other than a virus of some kind I can't think how else it might disappear like that. It would be pretty tedious to recreate it manually, but not impossible and less trouble than re-installing Windows and your applications.

20-07-2001, 12:34 PM
Hi Graeme,

'If anybody asks no I did not delete them'

Anyone else use it??

Check in the recycle bin..
The only thing I can think of is that it was deleted or accidentally moved, have you had a good look thru the other Menu's in Start?

Ken.