PDA

View Full Version : Not urgent... but its starting to piss me off

bubbybrat
08-10-2009, 12:36 AM
I've got a Toshiba Satellite A300.

Everything was working fine with it... but after nearly a year of use and intsalls of various programs and uninstalls... I gathered it was about time to do a full restore and completely clean the system up...

Ya know... put it back to factory settings.

So i put in the restore disk... pressed "C"... held it like the toshiba website said to... swore a couple of times as I realised I hadn't gotten a couple of pics off it... started everything all over again after searching for a Flashdrive to put them on. Swore again when I realised I'd already backed that folder up anyway. Contimued with the restoration.

Everything went fine... everything works.... EXCEPT for the built in web camera. can't even find it in device manager. I mean it found the fm tuner thats built into it... just not the web cam...

Any ideas?

chiefnz
08-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Has the camera been enabled in the BIOS?

You might want to check that 1st.

Driver won't load and the device won't show up if its been de-activated in the BIOS.

Cheers,

rjdelete
08-10-2009, 06:45 AM
ya agree with chienfz

check it out first BIOS settings for it's enble or not

or may be try to find out camara's driver on net if it's work.....

bubbybrat
08-10-2009, 06:45 AM
ummmm..

how do I check that?

ok nevermind I'm an idiot :)

bubbybrat
08-10-2009, 07:07 AM
ok now it says webcam driver failed to open please restyart camera or computer....WTF?

lol...

it's doomed

pctek
08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Download the latest webcam driver off Toshibas site and try that

Blam
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
So not exclaimation marks in device manager?

Try the driver off the toshiba site, as PCTek has mentioned.

bubbybrat
08-10-2009, 11:30 PM
no exclamation marks in device manager.
have installed latest drivers form toshibas website.

still comes up with the error... webcam driver failed to open. Please restart camera or computer.

After I uninstalled and reinstalled the new drivers/camera software from the toshiba website.... I did get a message saying it had found new hardware and was installing the drivers for it. but it just doesnt show in device manager at all