PDA

View Full Version : Jen... (or anyone else) notebook camera

Greg
07-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Jen... As discussed in a previous thread, I have the same Asus model notebook as you. It has a built-in camera. I wouldn't mind using it for video conferencing with my daughter overseas, but I can't work out how to use it.

I can't find any reference to its function in the manual. Can you suggest anything, please?

Chilling_Silence
07-10-2009, 07:39 AM
In Control Panel there's a Scanner & Cameras option. Does it work if you fire it up there?

What about testing with something like Skype and using the Camera wizard?

If neither of those two work, confirm it's enabled in the BIOS.

Metla
07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Install your app of choice and it should find it and fire it up....

And I think those Asus laptops have an icon for the camera located alongside your drives under "Computer".

theother1
07-10-2009, 09:20 AM
What model Asus is it? I have an N20 series and may be able to help.
Also what method of conferencing are you using?

Jen
07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Do you have a shortcut to the program ASUS LifeFrame on your desktop/menu?
That will activate the camera. You can also start it up with the blue Fn key + V. I've scared the cr*p out of myself before by accidentally hitting those keys and having the camera activate and take a picture. :eek:

The LifeFrame program allows you to take record videos or still images via the built-in camera.

I imagine the video conferencing apps will automatically detect and use the camera?

Greg
07-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Thank you folks. I'll try the suggestions.

theother1
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Do you have a shortcut to the program ASUS LifeFrame on your desktop/menu?
That will activate the camera. You can also start it up with the blue Fn key + V. I've scared the cr*p out of myself before by accidentally hitting those keys and having the camera activate and take a picture. :eek:

The LifeFrame program allows you to take record videos or still images via the built-in camera.

I imagine the video conferencing apps will automatically detect and use the camera?

Jess what I was gonna say!