PDA

View Full Version : Dual boot removal

Quiet
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Am currently dual booting my laptop vista home and Windows 7 RC1. Would like to revert to Vista so I can sell the laptop. Want to return the C drive to it's original size (RC1 shows as a D drive in Vista) and return the boot option to Vista on it's own.

nedkelly
04-10-2009, 01:06 PM
you could just reinstall vista from the disk and then format the entire drive and allocate it to one drive and install on that

ric
04-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I just finished changing my laptop back as had both in it.
Just ran the disk that came with it and when finished all back to how it was.
Ric

gary67
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Easy boot CD will do it

Blam
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Am currently dual booting my laptop vista home and Windows 7 RC1. Would like to revert to Vista so I can sell the laptop. Want to return the C drive to it's original size (RC1 shows as a D drive in Vista) and return the boot option to Vista on it's own.

Download Gparted (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/0.4.6-1/gparted-live-0.4.6-1.iso/download), burn the ISO file as an image to a CD. If you're doing this from W7 all you gotta to do is insert a blank CD/DVD and double click the ISO, and clicking Burn.

Once thats done, boot from the CD(change boot order in BIOS) and delete the 7 partition, then drag the slider and extend the Vista partition back.

Click apply, wait about an hour(or more depending on the size of the partitions) and you're done!:)

Once you've done that, download EasyBCD and remove the 7 option.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Blam

nmercer
05-10-2009, 12:01 PM

Next time you do this, install your Windows 7 using BootfromVHD on your hardware (copy Win7 VHD onto your existing PC c:\bootvhd for instance) then add that new OS into your boot entry

Then to delete you just need to remove the bootentry (BCDedit) and delete the VHD file, and Windows 7 vanished

Cheers
Nathan
Microsoft NZ