PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint and animated gifs

Roscoe
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I have a question, not a problem.

To spice up my Powerpoint presentation I decided to download some animated gifs. They look great! Only one problem - they do not seem to work - no animation.

I had inserted them into the presentation and was quite disappointed when they did not seem to work.

I ignored the non-operation and continued with putting the presentation together. I left the gifs where they were.

Then something curious happened. When I ran the presentation the gifs were animated but only on the screen and not on the laptop.

Bit of a trap for young players. You may think, as I did, that animated gifs in Powerpoint were a waste of time. But I was not aware of this strange quirk.

Does anyone know why?

hueybot3000
04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I would think for them to work you would want NO animations on the gif so nothing gets to messy.

As for the screen, you mean projector? Did you try fullscreen preview on laptop?

Blam
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Yea, animated gifs only move when presenting;)

Did you have the view on extended desktop, presentaion view(in PPT) or duplicate?

Roscoe
05-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Hueybot: That's right. By the screen I did mean the projector.
Is the fullscreen preview on the laptop the same as what you would see on the projector?

Blam: Yes, I think it is what is called extended desktop. I have the operator's view on the laptop and the presentation only on the projector.
That is what I have found as you say, animated gifs only move while presenting. I was wondering why?

Blam
05-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Probably so it doesn't distract you?

Roscoe
05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Probably so it doesn't distract you?

That could be true. I'm easily distracted, particularly when a nice chest supported by a nice bum and a sexy pair of legs walks by.;)