PDA

View Full Version : PC Keyboard

convair
28-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I need to replace my keyboard because the current one is starting to playup and give me problems.

So what do you suggest that I get to replace the current keyboard.

$50-130 is the budget

wratterus
28-09-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.modster-pc.co.nz/shop/product_info.php?cPath=57&products_id=2097

Logitech G1* series.

I've got a G11, it's identical to the G15 except for the screen. (And it has the blue backlight rather than the orange, looks much nicer IMO) :p

I'm not too sure if Logitech is even making the G11s anymore, it was a bit of a mission to track one down. I've dealt with Steve from Modster many times though and can vouch for his business. :thumbs:

pctek
28-09-2009, 01:54 PM
No I wouldn't. I had a G15 - the original blue one - well I still have it actually. And it was the worst KB Logitech ever did.

I've gone back to using my Logitech Elite which is quite ancient now. I still recommend Logitech just not the G series.

I love the idea of the G19 - but not the price, not the separate power and not the likely outcome if I did buy one.......

wratterus
28-09-2009, 01:56 PM
The original blue G15s were crap, no denying that - I reckon they fixed the issues with them in the later models though.

My G11 has had a thrashing, including getting on the piss one night (most of a Tui stubbie) :( and it's fine, no key wear visible after over a year, and it's so nice to type on/game with. I think the G11s you buy now are newer than the original G15s.

inphinity
28-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I'd have to disagree, a first-gen G15, which I currently use, is probably the best keyboard - for gaming, anyway - I've owned, and I've tried most of the offerings from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and others.

Of course, it depends what sort of key feel you prefer and which keypress method you prefer. The more recent G11s are, as far as I'm aware, Gen-2 G15's without the LCD panel, and with an additional column of G-keys (still a column less than the proper G15 tho :P)

pctek
28-09-2009, 03:55 PM
It's not the feel or whatever. It's the lame warranty. And its bad habit of losing Enter at random. That was a known fault.
The newer G15s were ORANGE! Who has an orange KB?! As bad as pink almost........

inphinity
28-09-2009, 04:05 PM
*shrug* Have never had any fault or issue with my G15, though I agree about the colour :P
Razer Tarantula would probably be my 2nd choice, assuming a G19 is out of budget.