PDA

View Full Version : Any Cheap Domain Hosting For Schools?

18-07-2001, 04:22 PM
I hope you can help me. I work in a small school and we are looking at getting a Domain but the costs can add-up. No problem with the Domain cost and the yearly cost of this but the ISP hosting costs of the Web site are what costs and for a small school this cost can mean that we will not be able to have a web page. Are there any Domain Host free for school? So any suggestions would be helpful.

18-07-2001, 10:09 PM
If you live in Christchurch or surrounding areas, you can try www.chch.school.nz

18-07-2001, 10:55 PM
Try one of these 2

www.freeservers.com they offer free hosting + a domain name eg: www.yourschool.8k.com they are pretty reliable and offer a choice of how adds are displayed in your site (the price of free hosting) or you could try www.portland.co.uk, again free plus they have no adds and you can use your own domain name, but they can be hard to upload to at times.

19-07-2001, 01:52 PM
Hi Wayne,

free site hosting without some form of advertising is hard to find.
A NZ site, www.webtechosting.net.nz offers cheap ($15/mth) hosting for non profit orgs and alike.
It is full hosting, with unlimited email pop3's (each pupil can have their own personal email addy) password protection for pages, (school club?) and all the usual cgi scripts and tracking tools.
A good basis for children to learn about the 'back end of web sites instead of just graphics, for budding web developers!