PDA

View Full Version : Big MSN problems.

Mister
24-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey all,

Last night I installed a DSE USB wireless adapter thing, brought it from disk smith. I then uninstalled it, realizing how slow the net went on it, and how MSN would not open, I would just errors.

After completely removing this USB adapter, I thought MSN should work again, I was wrong. Every time I signed in, it would close, and say it encountered a error and had to restart, so I removed every file there is of MSN (Annoying program to uninstall) and reinstalled. Still, to no avail.

So then I did a system Restore to when I last was able to use MSN. Again, Still can't use it. I tried signing in on my other computer, worked fine. Now, instead of closing when I try to open, it takes a long time to sign in, and then comes up with this

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger

Signing in to Windows Live Messenger Failed because the service is temporaily unavailable. Please try again later.

Get More Information...

Error code: 81000314

Now, the service is obviously available since my friends can go on it, I can log onto it using a different computer. Windows Firewall and BitDefender's firewall is off. I've googled this problem, tried alot of various fixes.

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this frustrating problem?

Thank you in advance.

WOW. Just looked at Microsoft support line info, $59.00 to call, chat or even e-mail them. No wonder Bill Gates is so rich... Jeez...

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Is it the latest version? if it isnt you probably wont be able to log in

Did you click on the error link to see what maybe causing it?

Open IE is file / work offline ticked?? If it is untick it

Mister
24-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Is it the latest version? if it isnt you probably wont be able to log in

Did you click on the error link to see what maybe causing it?

Open IE is file / work offline ticked?? If it is untick it

It's the version I've always used, because the newest one is 158MB or something, And I don't want all the stuff it comes with. This is the same version my friends are using, I think it's version 8. Also, this only started happening after I installed that wireless adapter.

But I guess I'll download the new one, the help page said this.

August 25, 2009 - Install the latest version of Messenger.

You need to install the latest version of Messenger. It includes security updates to help keep you and your friends safe online while you chat.

Starting September 15, 2009, users are required to have the latest version of Messenger installed on their computer in order to sign in and continue using the Messenger service. To download the latest version of Messenger, go to the Windows Live Messenger website.

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2009, 12:06 PM
You'll still have to install the latest version (you dont have to install the extras). Otherwise you wont be able to log in until you do. Or use another IM program like Pidgin that supports MSN

Mister
24-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Installed new version, still not working.

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2009, 12:16 PM
So did you check to see if file / work offline was ticked in IE?? If it is it wont connect. Did you click on the error it showed to see what it means / how to fix it

Mister
24-09-2009, 12:18 PM
So did you check to see if file / work offline was ticked in IE?? If it is it wont connect. Did you click on the error it showed to see what it means / how to fix it

Yeah, checked that.

I found something, I went into tools, Connection, Started the trouble shoot, and apparently my Host and key files has errors, its repairing it now.

Mister
24-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow, OK. That fixed it. I went through so much, to fix something that easily.

Sorry to waste your time.

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Sweet !