PDA

View Full Version : Fax in Vista

mzee
24-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Vista Ultimate has a built in FAX machine.
There are no Vista drivers for 56k modems, so why bother?????

wratterus
24-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Of course there are drivers for 56k modems...Vista has excellent support out of the box for them even. Where did you get that idea? :confused:

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Actually there is. I installed the Intel 536EP drivers from device manager / the driver / update driver tab. Use windowsupdate to pick it up / install the driver. It works fine. Even tho Intel no longer have this driver on their site for any modem / or OS

mzee
24-09-2009, 09:42 PM
The modem in question is an Agere Win Modem, quite old so I am not surprised that there isn't a driver I have a driver which installs, but no response.

Speedy Gonzales
24-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Double click on the modem entry and then go to details tab. Change it to hardware id. Copy and paste whats there in here. Is it 32 or 64 bit Vista? If its an Agere HDA modem, these may work (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67868.html)

Sweep
25-09-2009, 02:17 AM
The modem in question is an Agere Win Modem, quite old so I am not surprised that there isn't a driver I have a driver which installs, but no response.

An agere win modem is supported by some versions of Linux which surprised me.

I take it that this is a PCI internal modem. There are generic drivers that will work under both WinXP Pro 64 bit and also Win7 32 and 64 bit. I have the same modem here and was tested on dialup. I have not tried in Vista as I don't have a license for that.

I think I have the same modem anyway.

Speedy has a point. Hardware ID or pull the modem out and post all IDs you can see.

mzee
26-09-2009, 11:22 PM
It is a LTA modem, the H series drivers install and the Modem shows as installed and working, but no signal. Same Modem works Ok with XP (dual booting).

Not to worry, for $56 I can get a USB modem compatible with all Windows & Linux.