PDA

View Full Version : Network guru help needed

stardotstar
23-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Hi,

I have a weird problem that started round about this afternoon. The scenario is as follows:

1) I have my internet connection through Slingshot, and I am using a D-Link DSL-502T router. I have 3 pc's connected to a switch, which is then connected to the router.
2) I have my own domain hosted in the US of A...
3) Sometime today, I found that I could not connect to my domain (website and email server).
4) Since then, I've tested a few things and found that I can surf the web, receive emails etc for all domains EXCEPT my hosted domain. I can connect to my domain via an online web proxy server, and can see my email through webmail. I can ping google for example, but cannot ping my domain. On dnsstuff.com I can ping the domain fine.

Anyone got ANY ideas why I can see all domains except my own?

The only possible thing I can think of is that I might be blacklisted somewhere. I'm a software developer and I've been doing development on a business application, and I've been testing the sending of emails via the software application. I "suspect" maybe because of the volumes of emails I've been sending, something make have blacklisted me as a spam engine. The emails have been sent from one account on my domain to another account on my domain, for example, from abc@xyz.co.nz to def@xyz.co.nz. If I am blacklisted, how would I go about finding out where and how to remove myself?

Any other ideas?

Thanks guys and gals,
Steve

fred_fish
24-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Can you connect or ping by IP address?
Have you a local DNS entry or Hosts file entry to resolve the domain locally?

stardotstar
25-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks, I got it sorted out.

Turns out that I was testing that my emails where working in an application I'm busy with, and forgot to switch off the process that fired off an email every 10 seconds...my service provider got a little cheesed at me sending myself 1300 emails... :spam

I decided to install a local email server to test my emails... :p