PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer send email's direct from IE or other programs eg ms word

17-07-2001, 04:10 PM
The link that used to exist in 'file/send/email' is no longer working so I cant send documents direct by mail anymore. The link to Ms Express from I E is also not working. I have tried re-installing latest version of IE but doesnt work. I suspect I have to re install win98 but as its on my laptop I only have toshiba installation discs available and because I have heaps and heaps of programs on my laptop I dont want to run the risk of losing any and was wondering if any other alternatives?

17-07-2001, 04:59 PM
Under internet options in the control panel, click programs. Make sure Outlook express is your default email client. This is where windows looks to figure out what to do if you want to send an email in any other program other than an email package.

18-07-2001, 08:01 AM
Thanks your reply David

I did check Programs also and Express doesnt appear an adoption (it was as you say originally defaulted when was working) but now only outlook & hotmail appearing) Ms Express only appears in News default.