PDA

View Full Version : IE8 stops/Spyware/disconnect maybe??

ktee
20-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Have had just installed spyware (terminator) and I/E 8.

But next day cant open any new I/E tabs or new I/E pgs.
All open tabs with pgs on are fine.
( So I just kept doing diff searches through those tabs.)
Have checked all add on, disabled and restored system.
Worked fine all day then same prob.

Only thing differernt is at end of day I disconnect from internet.
At the same time or just after is A spyware message Accept or deny
a winsock thing. I pick deny cause Ive not D/L anything.

So is disconnecting likely to cause spyware to respond with this msg??

( Sorry if answer is obvious limit comp understanding)

Speedy Gonzales
20-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Scan it with malwarebytes / post a hjt log

ktee
20-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Right Ok. You have to treat this an idot guide. So 1st I d/L malwarebyte to desktop, then disable spyware, then install malware, then turn spyware back on .
Then run malwarebyte. Will it ask me anythinhg I wont be able to follow??

This is a new install, and restore back to that. Havent D/L or installed anything
Have to workout how to post hjt log next

Speedy Gonzales
20-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Well first I would disable system restore just in case, dl mbam install it, update it then do a full scan. Sounds like malware or a corrupt file. Get HJT below unzip/install it if its zipped. Run it click on scan the system and save a log. Copy and paste the log here. If its a new install it sounds like a corrupt file / winsock. WHAT does this winsock message say exactly?

ktee
20-09-2009, 05:54 PM
How to I disable system restore??
Am what about the spyware program for the install malwarebytes, do as I said ??

Speedy Gonzales
20-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Might help if you tell us what version of windows youre using. if XP right mouse on my computer / properties on the desktop if its there. The system restore tab. Untick the option.

Just install malwarebytes like I said update it then do a full scan. Exit spyware terminator if you want

ktee
20-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Cant remember the first nights one, but second one.

WINSOCK SHIELD ALERT
attempting to register winsock filter is detected.
Registered by ? Host process for Windows Serv
Target ? Winsock Registry.
If you are installing a new program thar you trust switch to install mode. Allow Deny.

The ? by host for detaiils says svchost.exe
Dir C:/Windows/System32/
Product:miocrosoft
Operating system, comp, M/S
Desscrip: Host Process for window Server
Verrsion 6.0 6000 (vista-rtm 061101-2208

Speedy Gonzales
20-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I take it, youre not on this computer now?? You didnt post this thread with the PC thats bringing up this message, did you? Is vista bringing up this message or is Spyware terminator showing thie message, when you boot into windows?? If it's SW terminator, does it have a quarantine option or something (when you click on deny). If it does, remove it

ktee
20-09-2009, 06:47 PM
No I am on the PC with prob yes i posted msg from it. I can work on the I/E tabs that were open before I denied message. just no new ones. Yes msg is from Spyware terminator, not vista. When I click deny, thats all I see, I cant remember seeing a quarantee option.

Speedy Gonzales
20-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok, since youre on the PC thats having the prob, get this (http://www.teamviewer.com) install it, run it. Then send me a PM, with the ID and password (dont put them in this thread),. I can login to it from here, and check it out. Dont worry, you'll see what I'm doing

WT (wainuitech) has just let me know the info about this PC.

ktee
20-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Um , what ID and password do u want

Speedy Gonzales
20-09-2009, 07:00 PM
The ID and password after you download install and run teamviewer. The link is in my previous reply (click on this in the previous reply)

ktee
20-09-2009, 08:12 PM
think I cant complete the team viewer cause cant open any new windows or tabs
only existing ones. So once Team veiwer open new box it says no connection & it wont connect. Only could get D/L as used an open tab. Wouldnt wrk frm yr link.
So thanks any way think I m stuck.
Tomorrow Im going to try restoring and not turn on spyware . then I'll disconnect reconnect and see what happens.

ktee
21-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Restored system, got rid of Spyware terminator and all so far seems to be working fine. Hopefully that will last into tomorrow.
Thanks for trying to help speedy

Speedy Gonzales
21-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Sweet, its probably because you blocked that file