PDA

View Full Version : somethings missing...

tweak'e
19-09-2009, 07:51 PM
family member just got a new pc via trademe.
it actually looks okish, main brand parts. however the first thing i picked up on was the case has no front air vents........mmmmm ....not the first time i've seen that! case looks to be one of ZCOM's elcheapo's. just something for budget buyers to be aware of if you want your pc not to cook itself to death.

also CPU appears to be not supported by bios, but it works. just not sure for how long tho as the only difference i can find is this cpu is a higher wattage than whats spec'd.

whellington
19-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Have you tried updating the BIOS? If the CPU works it must be supported by the BIOS/motherboard.. but you probably can't tweak the settings etc. It would be helpful if you gave us more specs or link us to the trademe page. My HP Media PC didn't have air vents in the front either.. a 80mm fan at the back is enough if you don't have a dedicated graphics card etc.

tweak'e
19-09-2009, 08:20 PM
yeah have actually upgraded bios. i checked the cpu support list and its not in it. there is a very similar spec cpu (lower wattage) thats supported but i see its no longer in production and not listed by AMD.

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (CZ),2MB,rev.F3,89W,SocketAM2 is supported
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (CZ),2MB,rev.F3,125W,SocketAM2 is not supported.