PDA

View Full Version : Centronics 50

tweak'e
17-09-2009, 11:39 PM
after a male and female Centronics 50 scsi plugs for a project. any one know where i can get one?

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 04:44 AM
All I've been able to find is a place in the U.S. that got it for $8 (http://www.scsiforsamplers.com/showcable.asp?prod=CBL-S1S1-4E) , it's on this page (http://www.scsiforsamplers.com/cables.asp) .

Also I found an adaptor on-line (http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300249078559) you can use in connection with the more common M-M centronis cable.
(maybe you can get some of it locallly)

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Try Cables Direct (http://www.cablesdirect.co.nz/) They are in Christchurch - they should have them.

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Try Cables Direct (http://www.cablesdirect.co.nz/) They are in Christchurch - they should have them.

That was what I thought too - I did however look over the shop you mention and other N.Z. and AU stores without finding it (BEFORE making my post above) , if the stores I saw have it then they do not advertize it.
I don't "say" you can't get it in N.Z. just that you apparently got to look deeper to find it.....
(I think I spent something like 30 minutes trying to locate the cables on-line)

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 10:08 AM
(I think I spent something like 30 minutes trying to locate the cables on-line Bid deal.:sleep

I know DSE had them in Lower Hutt, yet they are not listed on the web site.

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Bid deal.:sleep

How kind of you !

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Simply pointing out that MANY people here put hours & hours of work helping others.

Just a bit of friendly advice - I've looked over several posts and it appears you are trying to talk every ones suggestions down - I'd suggest you dont do that.

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 10:51 AM
it appears you are trying to talk every ones suggestions down - I'd suggest you dont do that.

Could you please elaborate heavily on that one ?
(I think that it is a completely unfair statement , surely I got opinions , and I'm even opinionated , but that I "air" my "sentiments"/"advice"/"thoughts" is not the same as "trying to talk every ones suggestions down") .
To satisfy you I would have to either "shut up" or repeat what other people "say" or else it would be construed as "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" !!!

I happen to be rather intelligent and have several years of deep experience in computer and other tech related stuff so ofcourse what I write would reflect my experiences and I would attempt to give the best advice I could !

But "listen" friend , take a vote around here and if people generally feel as you I'll be gone in a jiffy !!!
Probably won't stay long anyway.....

GameJunkie
18-09-2009, 10:56 AM
well , yesterday you had your name to ten threads or so in rapid succession....

agree with WT,

quality over quantity of replies, its not a race to put an answer to everything that people ask of on here.

:2cents:

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 11:22 AM
well , yesterday you had your name to ten threads or so in rapid succession....

agree with WT,

Please elaborate on that :
How is the number of threads with my name on be made equal to me "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" .

agree with WT,

quality over quantity of replies, its not a race to put an answer to everything that people ask of on here.

And the quality of my replies would be what ? and that I have made many replies is yet again equaled by you as : "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" ???

All I can understand from that is that you are unsatisfied that I spend too much time , by your judgement , trying to help people , or giving them my advice or opinions on things that they have asked for opinions on.....

GameJunkie
18-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Probably won't stay long anyway.....

then why join in the first place :waughh:

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 11:49 AM
This is getting way off topic, but quite simply put, if another member makes a suggestion in a post, there is no need to answer your own version all the time. Some of the posts, while simply confirming someone is either right or there is a better way is fine.

I suggested a couple of places to get the connectors in this post and right away they got shot down by saying you have already looked for 30 minutes. Doing a google search brings up several places in NZ that may have them in seconds.
There have been times other members (myself included) have worked on problems for several days with not much more than a simple thanks.

Where you wrote:
I happen to be rather intelligent and have several years of deep experience in computer and other tech related stuff Many people here work in the IT business, and have done for many years, some like myself also run their own business.

Some of the members here will have forgotten more than others learn.

Back on topic: tweak'e You could try DSE, I know the Lowert Hutt store had them, you can also buy a complete lead, I was looking for one for a customer only on Monday - about $10.00 for one Mtr I had laying about.

Also try Ascent - they may have full cables, cut the cable out and bingo - you have the connections.

GameJunkie
18-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Please elaborate on that :
How is the number of threads with my name on be made equal to me "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" .

And the quality of my replies would be what ? and that I have made many replies is yet again equaled by you as : "trying to talk every ones suggestions down" ???

All I can understand from that is that you are unsatisfied that I spend too much time , by your judgement , trying to help people , or giving them my advice or opinions on things that they have asked for opinions on.....

it seems as though your'e trying to be all high and mighty with your replies as being the absoulute only answer.

and obviously you didnt look hard enough for cablesdirect, then claim you didnt discount looking in nz:groan:

anyway, WT's suggestion's were on the right trail.

lets leaver it at that.

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 11:56 AM
then why join in the first place :waughh:

Read my first post....

Also didn't know that long term commitment were required to participate on any level.....

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 12:09 PM
This is getting way off topic, but quite simply put, if another member makes a suggestion in a post, there is no need to answer your own version all the time.

No ! - if you did the same it would be allright ! - right ???

I suggested a couple of places to get the connectors in this post and right away they got shot down by saying you have already looked for 30 minutes. Doing a google search brings up several places in NZ that may have them in seconds.

I used Scroogle search and did faithfully my best to go through the N.Z. sites to se if they had listed what the person wanted.
And that I reported having already on-line checked the site you suggested is construed as "shooting you down" rather than giving information - strange how different people can comprehend things - but if you see things that way you may have some chip on your shoulder.
And I did remark that the person might find the stuff locally.

Many people here work in the IT business, and have done for many years, some like myself also run their own business.

So I'm not qualified because I do not own my own business or I have less rights to utter my opinions ????

Some of the members here will have forgotten more than others learn.

Yeah ! - that would be someone LIKE ME exactly .......

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I dont run other peoples suggestions down.

First line post 13-

you have managed to turn as simple request for help into an all out fight.

Give it a break sunshine.

Lets just see what the mods have to say shell we. :D

Jen
18-09-2009, 12:29 PM
How about everyone take a deep breath and let it out slowly. There, that is much better. :thumbs:

Behave people and remember you can just walk away rather than post it.

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks Jen.

tweake-- cdynamics (http://www.cdynamics.co.nz/index.html) Looks like they may have what you want. look under SCSI cables on the left.

Edited: They may be wholesalers - give them a call if you want, they'll soon tell you, or who they supply to.

FIAT LUX
18-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks Jen.

Yeah ! , Thanks JEN !!!

hueybot3000
18-09-2009, 05:18 PM
fiat your too new to wind people up, I acutally think your replies are mostly very detailed and pretty dam useful but it doesnt mean your always right

and wainuitech, i didnt know you had it in you!

wainuitech
18-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I DO restrain - trust me on that.

Just dont ever call my bluff :eek: An old friend in Aust did once, and without going into details - well :o embarrassed is the understatement.

IF you want the details PM Me :D

tweak'e
18-09-2009, 06:16 PM
thanks all who spend time to look. i'll check the DSE store first.
all its for is a HD tray which has a different pin out to the cradle/usb converter.
i might just get a cable and mod that.