PDA

View Full Version : Error 500

jcr1
13-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I get this error message when I try to connect to "fencepost.com"; "This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying".

This is on both IE8 and Google Chrome on my new install of Win7.
Other web sites seem to work fine.

On the same computer, running XP on a different HDD, everything's OK; fencepost loads without a hiccup.

Anyone had any experience of this particular error?

Erayd
13-09-2009, 02:44 PM
This error is usually a problem with either the webserver configuration, or with the server-side website code. It is *never* your problem, and there is nothing you can do to fix it.

What you can do is try to work around it - try clearing your cookies, as it may be that the site is getting a bit confused by some of the data it's seeing.

FYI, fencepost.com is currently telling me this:
The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.Which is absolutely a server config problem.

jcr1
14-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks Erayd. I tried clearing out cookies, but still no luck with Fencepost.
I just get that error message you quoted.

Quite odd really, that it should work on my other HDD, running XP, but not on the new Win7 install. Also, you have the same problem.

I'm just wondering whether it's worth contacting them about it; as it seems pretty random and quite probably effecting quite a few people.

inphinity
14-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Getting 500 error on IE8 and Chrome under Win XP Pro SP3, Vista Ultimate SP1 and Win 7 x64 RC. It seems your old XP install is the odd one out, possibly has cached data and/or cookies allowing it to work?

jcr1
14-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I've really got a red face over this one:blush:

I rang Fonterra help desk and they've changed the web site name to fonterra.com and of course my old XP install was handling the link they made from fencepost.com; but, new install, not at all.
They probably sent me a letter about it, which I probably put in a safe place:confused:

Apparently I'm not the only one caught out.

Thanks for your interest Erayd and inphinity.

pctek
14-09-2009, 12:15 PM
You'd think they'd put a redirect on it for a while.

I googled it and it still shows up.