PDA

View Full Version : Our first attempted burglary!

CYaBro
13-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Well I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight!

After getting home, from my mate's place after watching the rugby, at around 1am, we got a call from ADT Security saying the the alarm at the shop had been activated.
So we told them to go and check. They called back about 15 mins later and someone had broken in to the shop :horrified
So I had to come in to town to meet the police and see what had happened and if anything had been taken.

Luckily it looks like nothing is missing, they've just broken 3-4 windows and made a bit of a mess in the only room that doesn't have a motion sensor in it.
As soon as they have walked out of that room they have set off the alarm and then probably done a runner straight away.

Now I am sitting on the computer waiting for the glazier to fix the broken windows :groan:

The room they made a mess in does have a computer, a laptop and two 17" LCD screens in it which they haven't even touched :stare:
Must have been looking for money or something more valuable...

pctek
13-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Or they ran away before getting anything due to the alarms........
Lucky.

nofam
13-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Glad to hear no serious harm was done (to your business or your good self!)

:thumbs:

Jen
13-09-2009, 09:14 AM
From the title of your thread, I thought you had attempted a burglary. Thought you were very brave/drunk to confess that here ... :lol:

Sounds like you got off lightly. Bit surprising they didn't even grab the laptop.

hueybot3000
13-09-2009, 11:12 AM
They must of been noob burglars, panicked when the alarm went off.

Very lucky though, time to ugrade security a bit more maybe?

gary67
13-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Pit Bull?

prefect
13-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Whats more valuable than money? beer?

roddy_boy
13-09-2009, 01:55 PM
You seriously think they were robbing you? Lol. They were probably just drunk after the game and in a destructive mood.

Blam
13-09-2009, 03:43 PM
You seriously think they were robbing you? Lol. They were probably just drunk after the game and in a destructive mood.

Hmmm...thats what I reckon too..

Either that, or just a couple of crazy teens...

CYaBro
14-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Hmmm...thats what I reckon too..

Either that, or just a couple of crazy teens...

Well you're both wrong :eek:
It appears that they were doing the rounds and came prepared.
Just had the police here doing the fingerprinting and the burglars were wearing gloves.

Also just had someone from a few buildings up the road and they were also broken in to.
They did have a laptop taken. :mad:

Blam
14-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Well you're both wrong :eek:
It appears that they were doing the rounds and came prepared.
Just had the police here doing the fingerprinting and the burglars were wearing gloves.

Also just had someone from a few buildings up the road and they were also broken in to.
They did have a laptop taken. :mad:

:horrified

Scary. Lets hope it doesn't happen again:xmouth:

prefect
14-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I got burgled about 10 years ago the crook took one of my bags to take away stuff (bottles of spirits and expensive port).
But the numbnuts forgot to take off baggage label with my name on it. His root saw it in his room a few weeks later and dobbed him in.
I didn't really know how many bottles of spirits I actually had in the house so I made a wild guesstimate to the police and anything else I couldn't find.
I didnt claim on insurance because I have a $750 excess and AMI wasnt too sure about paying out on piss. I had to fix ranch slider lock.
So the poor bugger had to pay court restitution for $2500 although it took 3 years to completely pay it.