PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

beetle
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
sigh................ :waughh: i have succumbed to the nagging of my family and friends to join.............. and can log in........... but alas i am stuck on the find a friend bit, it wont or cant access the OE adress off my desktop and cannot find or accept Windows messenger either......

im a novice at this procedure......

can some kind person help me?

beetle :)

allblack
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Click on the 'Friends' tab, and at the bottom it will have 'Search For People'.

Type in a name...

beetle
12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh well opera doesnt work so well with this facebook thingy, had to go back to Win Explorer, as i had no search option in opera, and all links wernt working..........

so you saying that made me realise it wasnt that hard to use...... but still found a reason why i didnt want to join...... i no nobody on there, and i have nothing to say .........:p

lol
still have no idea about it but oh well i did the joining bit.
thanxs for the help.

beetle

Sweep
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Beetle,

Join this Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116716212565

You know at least one person there personally

beetle
13-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok .............. i can see this being a long long process .
I have a problem, that although i may know quite a few people, even people on here, i dont know there true names, and so i just know their nick name or puter name like.

is there a way that you can alter what name shows up? like if i wanted to be beetle and have my real name on the same profile is this possible? or do i have to make a complete new profile being beetle?

clear as mud?

yeah i think so too.:p

and how does it come up with all these names i could be interested in for adding as a friend? some interesting names....:p but i dont know them....

beetle

andrew93
13-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Top right of the main screen should say 'Settings' - hover over that and click 'Account Settings'. On the next screen you should be able to set a 'Username', and you can change this to whatever you like.

It automatically suggest people who might be friends of friends, or belong to the same groups and/or networks.

Have you joined the Press F1 group?

gary67
13-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Email those who you know to be on there and get them to invite you as a friend.

Personally I don't and will not use crappy anti social sites. Social to me means getting together with friends face to face

utopian201
14-09-2009, 12:54 PM
sigh................ :waughh: i have succumbed to the nagging of my family and friends to join.............. and can log in........... but alas i am stuck on the find a friend bit, it wont or cant access the OE adress off my desktop and cannot find or accept Windows messenger either......

im a novice at this procedure......

can some kind person help me?

beetle :)

I'm not sure how the contacts imports work, but never type in your email credentials in anything other than your email site/program. LinkedIn had a similar feature, where you type in your email address and password so they could import your contacts. I thought NO WAY IN HELL