PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow Is 9/11 Again

SurferJoe46
11-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Any thoughts - besides the normal conspiratorial ones?

We KNOW the conspiracy-ones are true anyway. :eek:

kenj
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Do you mean 11/9? If so, That is today.

911 is a Porsche ;)

Ken

SurferJoe46
11-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Youse guys!

Backwards/upsidedown and on the wrong side again! lol

gary67
11-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I thought it was the emergency services

pctek
11-09-2009, 08:01 AM
The endless banging on about 11 Sep annoys me.
Yes it was a bad sad thing.
Now get over it.

Nasty tragedies like this happen to people in other countries so often they'd be permanently in mourning.

--Wolf--
11-09-2009, 08:12 AM
^ Although I agree, you're going to get attacked again (can't remember the last thing recently but I know there was one)

SurferJoe46
11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I only print this stuff as I sees it.

Actually, there is some fear and trepidation over this in the US today. I just thought that you'd like to know how the country of your future invasion sees things.

smurf
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=104917&fm=psp,tst

prefect
11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
The attack was carried out by people who are were very unhappy with the americans one sidedness with israel over the Palestinians.
Until they treat them both equally, terrorists will be dreaming up more creative attacks like poisoning a cities water supply, spraying sarin from a stolen top dressing plane (crop duster in us parlance) shipping container dirty nuke bomb etc.
I agree with the Southern girl get over it and do stuff so it doesn't need to happen again.
The yanks lose 10,000s people a year killed by nice guns and auto accidents gotta keep it in perspective.

R2x1
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Tomorrow Is 9/11 Again
There's a coincidence; so is today!

kenj
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I think the Brits got over the Blitz a lot quicker. That was almost nightly over a 6 month period. That killed 43,000. With that and the V1 and V2 attacks (9000 killed) they had over 50,000 deaths.

That is what I call attacks. Then there were the European cities that were almost wiped off the map later in the war... Dresden as an example with an unknown death total (estimates range between 20,000 and 135,000)

The list goes on and on.....

Ken :(

prefect
11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
The fire bombing of Dresden imo was a war crime

Trev
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
There's a coincidence; so is today!
No it is the 11/9 as someone mentioned before. Bloody Yanks, why don't they fit in with the rest of the world.
:)

Sweep
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Strange as it might seem I often use the date format YYYYMMDD.

As in 20090911MyFileName.doc

This allows all docs with that prefix to sort in date order.

robbyp
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Any thoughts - besides the normal conspiratorial ones?

We KNOW the conspiracy-ones are true anyway. :eek:

I never understand why the US put the month and day around the wrong way, but maybe becuase they are still using imperial. It's Day/Month/Year, smallest to largest, and that makes the most sense. too

Happy Harry
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Yes, isn’t it strange how some things annoy us
A couple of Yankee things that get me!!
“Soddering” instead of the correct Soldering
“Erbs” instead of the correct “Herbs (that’s just pretentious)
“Carmalising” instead of the correct “Caramelising”
“Aluminum” the correct word is “Aluminium”
To be fair, the yanks did give us 57 Chevvies so I guess all is forgiven

HH

Roscoe
11-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I never understand why the US put the month and day around the wrong way, but maybe becuase they are still using imperial. It's Day/Month/Year, smallest to largest, and that makes the most sense. too

The Yanks do everything differently to the rest of the world simply because they can. Although their economic might has been challenged by Europe most Yanks do not see very far from their own backyard. Many know little about where the other side of their country is, let alone the rest of the world.

If a country has been so powerful for so long the inhabitants become complacent and have no time for others that do not do things their way.

You say they are still using Imperial, but it is the Yanks version of Imperial which does not match any other country's Imperial. They have, for example, the US gallon, which is not an Imperial measure.

So when a disaster hits America - a country that has not suffered the destruction of war like so many others - it is seen as so much worse than anything else that has happened because nothing like the Twin Towers has happened before anywhere in America.

Don't make the mistake of comparing America's disasters with anyone elses disasters because most Americans do not know or understand disasters unless they are American disasters. Most Americans have nothing else to compare what happens in the rest of the world because to many Americans, America is the world - there is nowhere else.

It's unfortunate, but America, in many respects, is a sick country. The individual inhabitants that I have met - both here and in America - have been very nice, but collectively they are bad news.

I have visited America twice. I have not seen or heard anything that would entice me to return - pass through perhaps - but not return.

Trev
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
About the only thing they do do, that most of the rest of the world do is drive on the right hand side of the road.
:)