PDA

View Full Version : Too Slow in opening sites like Facebook & Yahoo Mail

A317540
11-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Hello Evryone,

I'd been having this freakin problem for a couple of weeks now. It took ages
to open pages from facebook and my yahoo email account and when it opens up
the page seems to be not properly arrange.

Couple of things that i have tried already but nothing happens, i have tried to un install and re install my fire fox ended up to the same problem after. I have tried to update my java but just getting an error saying that can't take download w/ my current internet connection where i know i dont have issue.

Also , i have tried opening these sites into another browser like google chrome and IE 8 but still having the same result.

Any advise from you guys that would help me fix this issue? Thank you very much and hoping to hear something better soon.

Cheers....

gary67
11-09-2009, 07:37 AM
do some malware scans with malware bytes etc and post a hijack this log here for Speedy to analyse

wainuitech
11-09-2009, 08:33 AM
What about other sites like here, Google etc - are they still slow ?

IF so are you on xtra ADSL - they haven't cut back your speed because you may have gone over your monthly limit ??

Blam
11-09-2009, 12:22 PM
You've probably been throttled, which is why the page is not arranged properly and loading so slowly...upgrade your plan:p

A317540
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your inputs. I have a 25 GB monthly data and very fresh at the moment so data capacity is not an issue here probably.

Other sites like youtube , cnn , bbc news ..etc ..does not have any loading
problem . Only these 2 sites i have facebook and yahoo mail is really terrible.

I will try that malware scan and hope that's going to work.

thank you very much .:thanks

wratterus
11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
As well as the malware scans, make sure IE, Flash and Java are all up to date, use CCleaner to clean out temp files and post a hijackthis log. :thumbs:

A317540
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi wratterus,

I'm running vista home premium and I found out that the trend micro hijack this free software doesn't include vista. is there any other software that i can try to clean this ? I'm not sure if my anti virus have thi feature..I have ESET NOD32
which is quite new to me..( only 4 days ago ) from sling shot.
is there any other options for me ?

thank you very much.

wratterus
11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
NOD32 is excellent AV software, IMO the best on the market. Hijackthis works fine in Vista, get it from here (http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThis.exe).

Did you run malwarebytes through?

Speedy Gonzales
11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Run HJT anyway, it works in Vista. Then copy and paste what's in the log here