PDA

View Full Version : Today.

Trev
09-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Today is the 9/9/09. Beatle Day.

Abbey Road Album.

The classic original Beatles studio albums have been re-mastered by a dedicated team of engineers at Abbey Road Studios in London over a four year period utilising state of the art recording technology alongside vintage studio equipment, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result of this painstaking process is the highest fidelity the Beatles catalogue has seen since its original release. 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes The Sun 8. Because 9. You Never Give Me Your Money 10. Sun King 11. Mean Mr. Mustard 12. Polythene Pam 13. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window 14. Golden Slumbers 15. Carry That Weight 16. The End 17. Her Majesty 18. Abbey Road Documentary

:)

nofam
09-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Abbey Road Album.

The classic original Beatles studio albums have been re-mastered by a dedicated team of engineers at Abbey Road Studios in London over a four year period utilising state of the art recording technology alongside vintage studio equipment, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result of this painstaking process is the highest fidelity the Beatles catalogue has seen since its original release. 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes The Sun 8. Because 9. You Never Give Me Your Money 10. Sun King 11. Mean Mr. Mustard 12. Polythene Pam 13. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window 14. Golden Slumbers 15. Carry That Weight 16. The End 17. Her Majesty 18. Abbey Road Documentary

It's now 9:09 on 09/09/09 ;)

:punk

Trev
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Yes I was going to wait for that time, but I had other things to do.

zqwerty
09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I was in my early teens when Beatles songs started playing on the radio in the middle of Africa where I grew up, it was a magical experience to have those vision inducing songs playing and being sent into reveries, I can still remember some of the scenery and the people around me when I first heard the songs.

Most memorable: Please, Please me, Ticket to Ride, I Feel Fine, No Reply, Eight Days a Week. Magical times, wish I could go back to them, the future, which seemed so promising back then has turned out to be fairly crappy.

wellyg33k
10-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Maybe I should go visit iTunes <3

Trev
10-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I was in my early teens when Beatles songs started playing on the radio in the middle of Africa where I grew up, it was a magical experience to have those vision inducing songs playing and being sent into reveries, I can still remember some of the scenery and the people around me when I first heard the songs.

Most memorable: Please, Please me, Ticket to Ride, I Feel Fine, No Reply, Eight Days a Week. Magical times, wish I could go back to them, the future, which seemed so promising back then has turned out to be fairly crappy.
Yes magical times indeed. My favorite songs were Hey Jude, Hello Goodbye, Penny Lane, I Am A Walrus, mind you most of there songs were my favourites. You don't see any albums out today where every tune made the top 10 on the hit parade. :)

Roscoe
10-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Abbey Road Album.:)

I wondered why you mentioned the Abbey Rd album in particular, since I imagine that the 09/09/09 significance came from the intoning of "number nine" on the track "Revolution 9" on the "The Beatles" album - commonly known as the White Album.

An interesting sideline to that album is that it has the song, "Revolution 1" which is similar to the hit "Revolution" but played a a much more sedate speed.

I was working in radio at the time the album was released and when we played the album version of "Revolution" (on record, not CD) we would receive calls from listeners telling us we were playing it at the wrong speed! (33⅓ instead of 45).

What a silly thing to say! When you play a 45 at 33⅓ you not only slow down the speed of the song but you also lower the pitch. But somehow that did not occur to these people.

We thought that the album version of "Revolution" was a great contrast to the 45 version, but became sick of these silly people ringing so we gave it up.

I am a real Beatles fan and think that they have made some of the most enduring music of the sixties. While other artists have faded away, The Beatles' music is heard somewhere on the radio most days.:thumbs: