PDA

View Full Version : re:cant stop dail up thanks for help.

16-07-2001, 12:29 PM
Thank you for the help to the people who responded to my message.I think i have sorted out the problem.As suggested i checked out my start up programs and removed two that may have been causing the problem,but it kept happenning
When the dail up was happenning it didnt actually connect to any site.So i decided to see if my firewall could tell me anything[I am running Tiny personal firewall].I took a look at the firewall admin under rules to see what was allowed in or out.Then i deleted all the rules and waited to see if the dail up occurred and the firewall should ask for permission and then i would know what program was trying to dail out and itworked.I found that 'Onflow player' was trying to dail out[what is onflow and do i need it?].
then i went into the program files and removed it and it seems to have solved the problem.I'm glad computers are so user freindly[NOT].
SO thanks once again
Paul

16-07-2001, 02:10 PM
www.onflow.com (i think,need to check that) known spyware though they do normmally say so when you install it, however it also gets installed without your knowlege with other programs(forceitware). i suggest a run threw with adaware5.5.