PDA

View Full Version : 2 Degrees outside main cities

Nomad
07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
What have your experience been? I understand they have their own towers in the main cities, outside they roam on Vodafone.

In Wellington has been fine. I have noticed in Whakapapa at one time the reception cut out saying "no network signal" and by retrying it worked. When I was in Turangi, 85% of the time I didn't have a signal, but then again Turangi BP was more than happy to sell me a Magic Top Up. 15% of the time I had 1 or 2 bars (out of 7), while everytime I put the Vodafone simcard in, I got 7 out of 7 bars for reception.

That meant no reception in the city centre, in the accom.

Cheers.

Sting Ray
07-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I get about 50% coverage where I am (Wellsford)

davidmmac
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
The coverage I get is the same as I get with vodafone (full bars) :).

B.M.
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Iíve just covered mega miles in Queensland and NZ and no problem.

You just wind up on Telstra in Queensland and Vodafone in NZ.

Everything is sweet BUT watch the calling into NZ from overseas.

They sock it to you when you change networks and itís very hard to get a handle on whatís going on because there are minute rates, connection charges and every other concealed cost the other networks can find.

In summery, in NZ and calling out, no problem, as stated.

Outside NZ calling in, be very, very alert.

Nomad
07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Well, didn't get a lot of help with their customer service.

Was just told that they have the same info as I do when I surf the net. They don't have networks in the centre of N Island but they still say they have 90% coverage of where people live. How is that possible?

They did say use the phone to download the settings but not sure if that would help voice call reception.

pctek
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
they still say they have 90% coverage How is that possible?

90% of the population - not the land area.

Thats all the main cities.

Anywhere else its crap.

Nomad
07-09-2009, 10:24 PM
90% of the population - not the land area.

Thats all the main cities.

Anywhere else its crap.

Is that 2degrees own towers or is that roaming with Vodafone too?

The feeling I got from the CSR was that 2degrees does not have towers in the centre North Island but she said they are installing more. If you delete the centre North Island and all other small provincial places like that would you still have 90% of where people work and live?

Looks like I now will be carrying two phones with me when I travel.