PDA

View Full Version : Comp repairs Wgtn? Good one?/

ktee
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Hp desktop 2 yrs old (Media centre.)was dead this morning.
Wont boot up,tried diff power socket.
Can anyone recommend a good repairer,
I see some in ph book but no idea if anygood.
Comp foresenics, Comp shop, Comp geeks,.
Also tolds visual/ or Vision in Newtown fixes Hps.
Iwould dearly love to get back whats on there.

Erayd
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Wainuitech (from this forum) is good - he's based in your region.

ktee
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
If this has duplicated my apologises. Dial up waas so slow
I didnt it had gone.

somebody
07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Try getting in touch with Wainuitech - he's exceptionally helpful on these forums, so I'm sure he'll do a great job in real life too.

wratterus
07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Yep definitely Wainuitech, if he's too far away I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction. :) no doubt he will see this thread in a few moments... :p

Edit.. do you know if he wanted that info made public on the forum pc?

pctek
07-09-2009, 11:56 AM
"Wainuitech" won't be found in the phone book.
His company is called Commend Computers.
Search that.

Blam
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
+1 For WT...:D

ktee
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Many thanks.
If his name is a clue to where he
is hes about 1/2 hr away
and at moment have no car.
But I'll look it up and give a ring.

somebody
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
George12 is closer to central Wellington - you can try him if you want (I think his website is listed in his profile on this forum).

Sweep
07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Many thanks.
If his name is a clue to where he
is hes about 1/2 hr away
and at moment have no car.
But I'll look it up and give a ring.

Fairly sure that WainuiTech would come to your place at a reasonable price. Guessing that you live in the Hutt Valley maybe.

Anyway another vote for Wainuitech!

wainuitech
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
YEP! I'm in Wainuiomata, I dont have a "Shop Front" as I'm in and about all the time. Island bay this morning, Churton park tomorrow - I get around ;)

PCteck got my company name right - I'll PM with contact details if you wish to contact me.

Could be a PSU - got another in the workshop at the moment doing (or not doing as the case may be) the same.

ktee
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Ta all have contacted wainuitech. See him wed.
Now I can rest.
First must retrieve comp with vista !!
from gutter. (oh look theres several with vista on in gutter)

R2x1
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds like more booting required. ;)

pctek
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Island bay this morning, Churton park tomorrow - I get around ;)

PCteck got my company name right.

Of course I did.
I even remember the IP for your website......

Sigh............I'm not "around", it's gone all deathly quiet down here........something about September - it did it last year too.:horrified

Bored, bored, bored.........something blow up or whatvever.....

wratterus
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
There was a mean lightning storm last week, still getting work from that. Best one so far, 2 high spec PCs, all with dead motherboards and PSUs. Some faulty RAM. All line filters, routers, surge protectors, even a UPS blew up. Very impressive. Guess there must have been a surge through the phone lines and power lines. There was even burn marks around the ethernet ports on the router and motherboards. :horrified

wainuitech
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Well all fixed - Was a blown PSU- Luckily it never took out the motherborad as well.

Got two others in the workshop which did take out the PSU & Board.

From what I was told it may have been a power surge as per the post by wratterus.

Bryan
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Well done to you.

wainuitech
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
The original problem was solved - But since discovered there are other software problems that require LARGE downloads which currently cant be done.

It also appears that the OS was damaged due to corruption by the sudden shutdowns & Norton Internet Security - which while it can be fixed - it would'nt be on site - Hopefully chkdsk will fix it, but the Updates do need to come through - its Vista Pre SP1.

hueybot3000
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
its Vista Pre SP1.

ew lol

Ive tried looking for your company (cos im nosy) cant see anything online about it...

whellington
09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Wainutech is :thumbs:

Only charged me $100 for a full system build + OS repair and updates.

wainuitech
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
ew lol

Ive tried looking for your company (cos im nosy) cant see anything online about it... :D You wont find my web site, because its not going / finished - its on the "one day Plan". It was live ( kind of) from one of my own servers, just had to finish it off - but the damn server spat the dummy and while its rebuilt the site is still "in progress". Haven't needed it for the last six years so in no hurry. I am in the yellow pages etc.

KTee's PC is going, BUT its in need of a bit of updating / fixing of corrupt software - for reasons I wont say here it cant be done at the present.

wainuitech
09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Wainutech is :thumbs:

Only charged me $100 for a full system build + OS repair and updates.

Yep - thats the price I quoted , it turned out to be a LOT more work than first thought - BUT I quoted a price and I stick to it.

Blam
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Yep - thats the price I quoted , it turned out to be a LOT more work than first thought - BUT I quoted a price and I stick to it.

Good on ya!:thumbs:

Sometimes happens to me too...I quote a price then realise its quite a few more hours of work than I originally thought:p...

linw
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Good on ya!:thumbs:

Sometimes happens to me too...I quote a price then realise its quite a few more hours of work than I originally thought:p...

I thought that was normal! I'm still waiting to find the 5 minute job that takes 5 minutes!!