PDA

View Full Version : Skype Phone cannot connect to router

Nomad
03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi, I bought a Skype Phone, Belkin - like a cellphone but Skype only. I set my router with no security and still it won't.

It says: Wifi connection cannot connect to Internet, Do you want to continue?

I can view the network and it has no padlock next to it. I can even view the network details but I just cannot connect to it.

Speedy Gonzales
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Are you signed into skype on the PC? If you are, log out, since you cant be on skype on both of them. Are you within 300 ft of the AP??

Nomad
03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah I am not on the PC via Skype. I am next to it and it finds the network without a problem. I just cannot connect. I am like in the same room. After a google search it may appear a tough work through....

Speedy Gonzales
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I would post your prob on the Skype forum

Nomad
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Instead of DHCP how do I set up static IP? If I am on the normal Xnet that is dynamic IP right ... I don't need to readjust the settings each time do I?

I read that static IP might be the way for this phone I have.

Nomad
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I may need to use static IP, the thing is when it is in dynamic the phone does not log on even with no security. However if it is no security but set to auto sign on (with open networks) it works.

Nomad
03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
It appears working now.

If the network is open it has issues. But if you choose auto logon to open networks then its fine. Like airports and outside overseas Starbucks for example.

What I did was open my network up. Set it as auto logon to open networks. Then I locked up my router. On the phone still set to auto logon. My router is set up as a preferred network. I added a password and initially it does say cannot connect to internet but then a moment later it logons to Skype and it works, dunno but it works. Rebooted the phone and it still works. :D

All in dynamic IP.