PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new Kiwi auction site...



johcar
03-09-2009, 12:14 PM
DealFoundry (http://www.dealfoundry.com/home.aspx)

Something a bit different - only IT gear and price is set at the start and then falls (Dutch auction style "whereby prices fall as the auction progresses, and finishes when the reserve is met or there are no more items to bid on")

Interface is ugly, but I might keep an eye on it because of the intriguing concept....

EDIT. Think I just found a bug that shows what the reserve on an item is....

somebody
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
It might be a "feature" rather than a bug :)

johcar
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Hmmm. Was just thinking that myself....

wainuitech
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
OK whats up with that place -- every thing I clicked on came up with 'Sorry, this Auction has now closed" yet the item may have only been put in a hour ago ???

Edited: example - Auction Start: Thursday, 3 September 2009 10:41:54 a.m.

johcar
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
If that's the "Epson Multifunctional Printers" auction, looks like he may have withdrawn it... He's got a phone number - give him a call...

wainuitech
03-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I wasn't interested in the Printer - just having a look really.

You know the old story RTFM ;) or in this case the FAQ


The Price drops with time until someone bids. If the bid is for all the items, the Auction is finished.


In other words someone purchased it. Unlike other auctions where there is a start /Finish time Eg: Trade Me.

DealFoundry_Webmaster
03-09-2009, 10:40 PM
DealFoundry (http://www.dealfoundry.com/home.aspx)

Something a bit different - only IT gear and price is set at the start and then falls (Dutch auction style "whereby prices fall as the auction progresses, and finishes when the reserve is met or there are no more items to bid on")

Interface is ugly, but I might keep an eye on it because of the intriguing concept....

EDIT. Think I just found a bug that shows what the reserve on an item is....
Hey - I'd appreciate any knowing about any bugs you find please.

And btw....finding the reserve is quite easy :) , you don't need a bug to expose it!

DealFoundry_Webmaster
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
OK whats up with that place -- every thing I clicked on came up with 'Sorry, this Auction has now closed" yet the item may have only been put in a hour ago ???

Edited: example - Auction Start: Thursday, 3 September 2009 10:41:54 a.m.
Sorry about that... was a bug. Fixed now.

Digby
04-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Yeah just what we need another "rival" to Trademe.
What with Sella and Zillion and a couple of others they need to get more users and buyers so that instead of Trademe with say 95% of the market and the rest with 5% combined the market share needs to be say 60% TM and 40% one other.
Who ever starts another auction site, needs big pockets to be able to advertise to get listers and buyers. And Sella has a big company behind it, but its performance is hardly Stellar ! ?

Cicero
04-09-2009, 08:32 AM
All sellers want is buyers,and Trade Me provide them.

DealFoundry_Webmaster
04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
All sellers want is buyers,and Trade Me provide them.
Thats true to a point, and probably quite right for 'consumer' buyers and sellers. DealFoundry, via it's Private Auction capability, enables manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers the ability to Auction products to specific people only ie their dealers, shops etc. This gives them the capability to auction at a wholesale level, not retail level. That is where DealFoundry is significantly different.

johcar
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
That, and the fact that this new site specialises in IT gear... Another point of difference, of interest to the browsers of this Forum...

roddy_boy
04-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Thats true to a point, and probably quite right for 'consumer' buyers and sellers. DealFoundry, via it's Private Auction capability, enables manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers the ability to Auction products to specific people only ie their dealers, shops etc. This gives them the capability to auction at a wholesale level, not retail level. That is where DealFoundry is significantly different.

Learn some basic grammar before trying to promote your site on forums plz.

johcar
04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Learn some basic grammar before trying to promote your site on forums plz.

"plz"

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

:D

CYaBro
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Learn some basic grammar before trying to promote your site on forums plz.

Yea I also noticed your use of plz :D

If you are going to say that then how about teaching them, and the rest of us, how that would be written in the correct 'basic grammar' way. :thumbs:

Cicero
04-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Yea I also noticed your use of plz :D

If you are going to say that then how about teaching them, and the rest of us, how that would be written in the correct 'basic grammar' way. :thumbs:

You forget, Rod is beyond that sort of thing!