PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft mic control 5.1/Skype

Boswell
03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Hello All...... Have been using Skype over ADSL with no probs for 2 years or so.
Suddenly lost transmit audio. Found that prob is due to Skype forcing uSoft 5.1
into the left-hand "Mic" position as seen on the recording display. If I manually select Stereo or "Blue" input ( my mic is plugged in to Blue) it functions no prob
but I must do this after I give the initial press-to-talk otherwise Skype forces it back to left-hand mic position. What is the l/h mic position for anyway. Can
find no reference anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Boswell

SolMiester
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Have you tried updating the skype program?

Boswell
04-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Not yet ........... I recently had probs trying to instal 4.2. Nevertheless, 3.8
has been perfectly OK and, unless corrupted, should continue to be so. In
any case I have re-installed 3.8 but no change. Do you know the answer
to my query of what "Mic" they are referring to.
Boswell

somebody
04-09-2009, 02:43 PM
If I'm reading your post correctly, then usually pink is for the mic, and blue is for line-in. That might be why uSoft & Skype are getting confused.

Depending on what operating system you're running (and if it's Windows, what version), you may be able to set a default recording device which should stop you having to keep manually switching to one or the other.

Boswell
04-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Thing is that as per my original Post, I've been using Skype (with an HP PC and Win XP) for over two years no probs. OK on the Pink Mic (low level) and Blue Line in (600ohms) and Green (600ohms out). I use these all for other purposes (digital radio transmissions) and did until recently use QuickMix which permits various audio mixer configs. When this prob arrived, I took the QuickMix out of cct in case that was involved but that isn't the case.
I'm using the Pink Mic for my headset mic and the Green 600ohm o/p for the headphones.
I think I'll set this lot up on my other DeskTop which I don't normally use for these purposes and try to isolate whether its the WinXP, the Skype or whatever. As my Mic is in Pink and theres a level control specifically for that I am still concerned as to what the extreme left-hand Mic level control is for ! !