PDA

View Full Version : Editing an image that has been exported from coreldraw to PDF

Morgenmuffel
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi pixies

Editing an image that has been exported from coreldraw to PDF

exactly that

I have been sent an image (advert) that has been converted from a cdr to a pdf, it has embedded fonts etc, so i can highlight and copy text from the pdf version, but I need to alter the text slightly, can I import the pdf into Corel (I am downloading the trial as we speak) or is there another way to edit it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as everything i have tried to this point has imported the text and advert background as one layer, rather than separate layers

nofam
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Being an adobe format, I'm pretty sure you can import .pdf's into Photoshop, which preserves layers etc.

Also, Acrobat Professional has redact tools, which let you change text I believe.

Wheels
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Corel can do it but it depends on the PDF version and also if you have the same fonts. Illustrator does a much better job of editing PDFs though - or, as nofam mentioned, you can use Acrobat Professional if the changes are minor.

Morgenmuffel
02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Well I have done the job in Corel, although not having the fonts was an issue,

Although i guess i can fix that by digging through m old coreldraw 3.5in diskettes and seeing if they are on those