PDA

View Full Version : A councillor in Wanganui

Sweep
01-09-2009, 12:09 PM
A councillor in Wanganui says Wanganui does not have a gang problem?

Followed up by the headline that hundreds of gang members will ride in protest against the new bylaw which bans Gang patches.

For the record I have no idea how many gang members live in Wanganui.

Are they going to import some?

Winston001
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Metla should be able to give us a good idea. I read somewhere that there haven't been any real gang issues in Wanganui for quite a while - but who knows what the reality is.

somebody
01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Jhia Te Tua

Metla
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
No idea about numbers, Very few patched members I'd imagine. We don't have armies of them walking the streets.

Do we have a gang problem?

Hell yes, NZ has a gang problem, They are thieving murdering scum, Who generally get by because they prey on their own communities.

Gang behaviour carries on relentlessly, In Wanganui and everywhere else.

pine-o-cleen
01-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Yup. Every city in the world has a gang problem. I applaud Michael Laws for what he's trying to do. Finally someone in leadership with some balls.

Metla
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Personally I disagree, Its not the councils business to tell anyone how to dress, Regulating clothes is a disgusting move, especially as it has come about due to the Government refusing to act on the gang population for fear of looking heavy handed against Maori.

If they are up to no good (and they are, The very foundation of the 2 biggest is criminal behaviour) then get them for it and lock them up, otherwise keep such a close eye on them they move out to the back blocks.

No need for new laws when the old ones would work perfectly fine if used as they were intended.

If they aren't up to anything, Then who gives a damn what they wear?, Thats just persecuting people for the hell of it.

The most dangerous people I have ever known didn't wear any patch or require the backup of a gang to be madmen.

prefect
01-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Yup. Every city in the world has a gang problem. I applaud Michael Laws for what he's trying to do. Finally someone in leadership with some balls.

Reykjavik?

pine-o-cleen
01-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Got that in English?

wellyg33k
01-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Personally I disagree, Its not the councils business to tell anyone how to dress, Regulating clothes is a disgusting move, especially as it has come about due to the Government refusing to act on the gang population for fear of looking heavy handed against Maori.

If they are up to no good (and they are, The very foundation of the 2 biggest is criminal behaviour) then get them for it and lock them up, otherwise keep such a close eye on them they move out to the back blocks.

No need for new laws when the old ones would work perfectly fine if used as they were intended.

If they aren't up to anything, Then who gives a damn what they wear?, Thats just persecuting people for the hell of it.

The most dangerous people I have ever known didn't wear any patch or require the backup of a gang to be madmen.

Agreed. We're a free nation, none of this control ****. The problem lies with educating the young and helping those in need, not locking them out further than they already were. Personally from seeing gang members in Wellington and Christchurch, it's far easier to know who to avoid if they have big Mongrol Mob, Black power or swastikas all over themselves. Atleast skin heads just shave their heads but really.. this is stupid.

Chris09
01-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Agreed. We're a free nation, none of this control ****. The problem lies with educating the young and helping those in need, not locking them out further than they already were. Personally from seeing gang members in Wellington and Christchurch, it's far easier to know who to avoid if they have big Mongrol Mob, Black power or swastikas all over themselves. Atleast skin heads just shave their heads but really.. this is stupid.

I would change the word control to 'order.'

The problem does lie with the young kids, but it starts at the home. You cannot educate a child at school not to do drugs and not to smoke and not to get involved in other activities as such, when the parents allow it. It becomes acceptable behavior.

I have to disagree.. this isn't about walking across to the other side of the street because a few Black Power are walking on your side towards you. This is about the impact and criminal activity they are having on society as a whole. This is merely a way to bring order to society without creating a police state. One small set at a time.

Unfortunately when children are being shot from drivebys, mobs attacking each other, and gang related illegal activities are taking place, there needs to be order. Thank goodness someone is actually taking a stand, and although I am not a National supporter and never will be, I however give them credit for making this stand.

Tourists are no no longer safe, but victims in this country. People are getting hurt and killed, and not just adults... kids. Our future generation shot down by uneducated buffoons whose only strength is in numbers and nothing else.

It's about time we took action and cracked down on this.

prefect
02-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Easy way would be to declare certain gangs internal terrorists.
Just like the tamil tigers in Ceylon are classified as terrorists.
Then use extremely tough anti terrorist rules against them. The police would be expected to ambush and raid them with shoot outs on a regular basis.
When the internal terrorists get sick of being shot they could surrender do peace talks and get taken off the list.
At the moment the council is infringing the rights of a NZ citizen to wear what they want thats not quite right. But would be right if they were classified as terrorists.

willowtheblue
02-09-2009, 10:06 AM
The sad fact of the matter is that being in a gang is a sad human trait.Gangs exist in every tier of human society, always will and what ever is used to control this is doomed to fail.The best way is to make a deal where all the gangs have their share.Then i remembered the other human trait, greed.Think on me thinks.

wellyg33k
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I would change the word control to 'order.'

The problem does lie with the young kids, but it starts at the home. You cannot educate a child at school not to do drugs and not to smoke and not to get involved in other activities as such, when the parents allow it. It becomes acceptable behavior.

I have to disagree.. this isn't about walking across to the other side of the street because a few Black Power are walking on your side towards you. This is about the impact and criminal activity they are having on society as a whole. This is merely a way to bring order to society without creating a police state. One small set at a time.

Unfortunately when children are being shot from drivebys, mobs attacking each other, and gang related illegal activities are taking place, there needs to be order. Thank goodness someone is actually taking a stand, and although I am not a National supporter and never will be, I however give them credit for making this stand.

Tourists are no no longer safe, but victims in this country. People are getting hurt and killed, and not just adults... kids. Our future generation shot down by uneducated buffoons whose only strength is in numbers and nothing else.

It's about time we took action and cracked down on this.

To start - You should vote via policy, not party. Otherwise you're only voting for the team and then really what's the point. Neither major party is truly sided in the political spectrum.

Secondly - What does patches have to do with kids at home? If the gang members have kids, it isn't going to matter if they're patched or not, they're probably going to be brought up bad.

We need less laws, better education, better access to education, better access to jobs for people who have no skills. Not more laws that people who really aren't the type to abide by laws can break. It makes no ****ing sense.

Do you really think they're going to make more friends by taking away the one thing that they care about? What they need is more help, having more help than they can handle thrown at them. RARR

Metla
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
There are massive resources in place to "help" them, They don't care for it, rather do it their way.

Only thing I can think of that work would be to neuter them......They are already lost causes so no reason to let them breed more scum.

Cicero
03-09-2009, 08:30 AM
If only the do gooders didn't rule.

Not quite sure how it would all end,but at least we would no longer have cast out eyes upon such dross.

Twelvevolts
03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
If only the do gooders didn't rule.

Gee what a perfect world that might be - but I think the gangs would fight back while you and Metla were trying to neuter them.

The by-law in Wanganui/Whanganui is ridiculous, there is no more a gang problem there than in Wellington, and apart from in my official capacity I hardly saw a patched gang member in the five years I lived there.

Metla
03-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Thats why the army would be jumping on their heads.

R2x1
04-09-2009, 01:21 AM
:thumbs:

Cicero
04-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Would the army lads like to jump on there bros heads,one wonders.

prefect
04-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Cic is right the army bros probably wouldnt smash the heads in of their rellies.
Gangs fight back lol, they are just cowards and scum.
The law will soon become NZ wide except South Auckland imo.
Thats because the sickly liberals wouldn't allow it there.

Metla
04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
No reason to believe they are cowards, Whose to say some won't die for their patch?

prefect
04-09-2009, 10:55 AM
We will soon see when the police confiscate them if they choose to fight to the death or meekly hand patch over.

Cicero
04-09-2009, 11:20 AM
If they revail then we are lost.

Lurking
04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Reykjavik?

Capital of Iceland.

Lurks.

prefect
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I never knew that. blow me down.

Cicero
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I will say that again...........

If they prevail we are lost.

Fancy Reykjavik being in Iceland!Who would have thought?