PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tub Defense

SurferJoe46
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Ugggghhhh! Not really a bright idea!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/08/2-residents-burned-protecting-home-jumped-in-hot-tub-in-attempt-to-flee-fire.html

In a different vein: 5 people are stuck in a home they refused to evacuate yesterday, now they want help and DEMAND a helicopter to evacuate them.

Now a NEW fire in Wildomar - just down the road a couple of miles from me here.

pine-o-cleen
01-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Perhaps it was these 2?

SurferJoe46
01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Perhaps it was these 2?

Younger, I think, and they wore "Devotion Rings" signifying they loved each other and were waiting for Proposition 8 to pass so they could legally marry.

:mad:

SurferJoe46
01-09-2009, 10:01 AM
The Station Wildfire has now consumed more area than either Las Vegas or San Francisco.

It's over 108,000 acres and running wild with only 5% containment or less.

Believe it or not, this is not even on the "30-Largest Fires In California" list yet.

The house where they filmed "ET" is on fire threat and may go to ashes if they can't get to it soon.

The biggest problem is that there is NO wind to blow the smoke away and show the flames to the aircraft and they cannot get into the areas safely and hit the actual flames.

pine-o-cleen
01-09-2009, 10:37 AM
There complaining about no wind!? I thought wind was the enemy?

SurferJoe46
01-09-2009, 11:29 AM
They need at least a little wind to move the smoke to see where to drop the retardant.

And ANOTHER NEW FIRE pops up. This time below the olde Yucaipa/Oak Glen fire, and actually IN Yucaipa.

The bigger Station fire is posted to be surrounded by September 15-20th if all goes well.

The pyrocumulus clouds are tremendous and very visible for me here in Hemet. The smoke is in Las Vegas and Pahrump.