PDA

View Full Version : No windows sounds or internet sounds

o0mattmanaway0o
31-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a computer that is playinig sound in media player fine but the windows sounds and the internet sounds are no longer playing at all, i have up dated the sound drivers, checked that there is nothing showing as disabled or wit an error on it in device manager, i am really having a hard time with it at the moment. i wont be online again for the next 4 -6 hours so please let me know all your suggestions and i will let you know how i get on.

Regards

Speedy Gonzales
31-08-2009, 02:28 PM
If you want, I could check it with teamviewer. Dont think anyone can do much without seeing windows

wainuitech
31-08-2009, 03:22 PM
For the internet -- try opening the control panel / Internet options / Advanced Tab - Scroll down till you locate "Multimedia", make sure " Play sounds in web pages" is ticked.

This is for XP: ( vista is similar)

As for windows Sounds - Control Panel / Sounds and audio Devices/ Sounds Tab - Make sure under sound Schemes, its blank or windows default. (windows default for (Vista).

Check one or more of the options in "Program Events".

o0mattmanaway0o
31-08-2009, 08:10 PM
For the internet -- try opening the control panel / Internet options / Advanced Tab - Scroll down till you locate "Multimedia", make sure " Play sounds in web pages" is ticked.

This is for XP: ( vista is similar)

As for windows Sounds - Control Panel / Sounds and audio Devices/ Sounds Tab - Make sure under sound Schemes, its blank or windows default. (windows default for (Vista).

Check one or more of the options in "Program Events".

Thanks i will give this a shot and let you know.