PDA

View Full Version : Trying? To PC Game.

CaptainVincent
30-08-2009, 02:32 PM
This may sound a little weird but after getting an xbox 360 or ps3 has anyone found it...hard? to play a PC game. Not in a sense that it's difficult to control but in a sense that you don't get Achievements or Trophies, in my case also having to play pc games on a screen and not a 120 inch projector like my console.

Is there any way I can appreciate PC gaming more, I also have a modded xbox 360 making it even harder to enjoy PC games.

So what PC exclusive games are coming out, what are you looking forward to and why do YOU play PC games.

Don't get all 'I LIKE TO MAX THE GAMEZ WIF MY QUAD CORE 8GB RAM 4870X2 SO IT MAKE THE GAMEZ BETA :nerd:'. Because everyone knows that anyway :)

Cheers, VIN

CaptainVincent
30-08-2009, 02:33 PM
OMGZ AND AUDIOSURFZZZZZZ

GameJunkie
30-08-2009, 02:40 PM
howd u mode your 360 ? :D

the_bogan
30-08-2009, 02:49 PM
CM2010 is due out soon. Looking forward to that.

I honestly prefer PC gaming to console, because the PC games I play tend to be more strategy oriented, or sports simulators.

Also, I tend to play older games, ratehr than the latest and newest. The last game I bought was Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion.

My eye sight is not good at scrolling screens (FPS games will make me nauseous). I can play Oblivion for maybe half an hour before needing a break.

I don't multiplayer.

Apart from FIFA2007 and the like, I don't know of too many console games I would like.

CaptainVincent
30-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Haha mean, Bogans on PC World.

CaptainVincent
30-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Any other opinions =)

pctek
30-08-2009, 03:30 PM
in my case also having to play pc games on a screen and not a 120 inch projector like my console.

So its the big screen then.
Plug your PC into a big screen.

It'll do a higher resolution than a console.
This months Atomic mag has an article about ports to PC and details of the various hardwares.

Which is why I like PCs. Cool hardware.

CaptainVincent
30-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't have a 720p projector. It's native res is 800x600, I use it at 1024x768

CaptainVincent
30-08-2009, 08:43 PM
howd u mode your 360 ? :D

Came pre-modded, Became RROD.

Fourth Unit, $40 to get them modded in napier.

Cato
30-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Well I would love to play Fallout 3 on PC. Crysis too. Sadly I can't afford to build a nice system every few years. So I bought a PS3.

I think games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 would be better on PC with the huge community of/for mods.

Trophies - I never cared much for them. I play games to have fun, not for some reward after. I don't understand their attractiveness.

wellyg33k
30-08-2009, 10:23 PM
To be honest I love my 22" 2ms 1680x1050 res monitor. But that's not exactly something a console can't do. I can play all those new fancy wancy games but they don't do it for me. The ease of using a mouse in First person Shooters over the controller is my biggest reason to keep pcing, as well as then I can just close the games and it becomes a workstation again. Doing all the things a console can do and more.

But back to gaming, Strategy games are something consoles just do not do well. At all! The total war series is something I absolutely love and I can't see that working well on a console.

One thing I also love about PC gaming is the fact there is competition between the developers in terms of, some are on steam, some are not, but they're all playable, online, free with their own network on the one system. I don't have to own both consoles etc etc etc.

utopian201
31-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I prefer PC because the games I prefer are best played with a keyboard and mouse.

I think consoles excel at fighting games and perhaps racing car games. Strategy and FPS are done best on a PC.

To prove this, I think they should let xbox and pc gamers play on the same servers. I'd bet PC players would be more accurate than those with n00b sticks :p

Chilling_Silence
31-08-2009, 12:36 PM
On the one hand its nice playing Wii on the 46" Full HDTV (The Wii isnt HD anyways, but still), same for the Xbox / PS2, and when my brother brings his PS3 over thats all nice ... But somehow I personally find the opposite, that no console game quite "grabs me" like Defense of the Ancients. See: http://www.playdota.com

Not to mention the likes of Assassins Creed, I much prefer that on PC through the TV rather than Xbox through the same TV. Even using a controller on the PC just doesnt quite feel as nice compared to a keyboard and mouse.

Each to their own I suppose ;)

Agent_24
31-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Became RROD.

Fourth Unit,

One of the reasons I will probably never buy one

Sure, I've had video cards fail, but not more than once

wellyg33k
31-08-2009, 11:17 PM
On the one hand its nice playing Wii on the 46" Full HDTV (The Wii isnt HD anyways, but still), same for the Xbox / PS2, and when my brother brings his PS3 over thats all nice ... But somehow I personally find the opposite, that no console game quite "grabs me" like Defense of the Ancients. See: http://www.playdota.com

Not to mention the likes of Assassins Creed, I much prefer that on PC through the TV rather than Xbox through the same TV. Even using a controller on the PC just doesnt quite feel as nice compared to a keyboard and mouse.

Each to their own I suppose ;)

Tried Heroes of Newerth yet? Fantastic replica of DotA if I say so myself. Might be able to find a beta key somewhere, but I doubt it. Just keep your eye on it if not, big player base. Definatily an example of a game that just wouldn't work well on a console, too much clicking all over the damn place, would be so slow paced on a console.

Chilling_Silence
01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
PM me if you want a Beta key for it, I still have a few, they keep giving me more & more to use ... It's quite nice indeed, a much "flashier" version of it. Hard to figure out what items are what, I just remember them by the "abilities" they offer ;)
Also on the League of Legends Beta too, but have no keys for that to give out yet sorry.