PDA

View Full Version : USB2

Ron24
26-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Short question.

How can I tell if my USB ports are series 2, I keep getting a message up saying this device will work faster from a series 2 port.

The computer is only a few months old and I presumed it would have the latest things in it..

Ron 24..

Speedy Gonzales
26-08-2009, 05:28 PM
See if theres an enhanced host controller entry, under USB controllers in device manager. Also make sure a service pack is installed (if XP is on it)

Blam
26-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Short question.

How can I tell if my USB ports are series 2, I keep getting a message up saying this device will work faster from a series 2 port.

The computer is only a few months old and I presumed it would have the latest things in it..

Ron 24..

The device plugged in may be faulty.

wainuitech
26-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Sometimes this happens if you plug a device into the front USB ports - for some reason certain devices dont read correctly sometimes.

Phil B
26-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I put different ram in my win7 comp. It spat the dummy big time. I ended up updating the bios to the latest to get the bugger to boot up & it got rid of my front mount usb port reporting errors too

Ron24
27-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks all for the help, have checked that the drivers are up to date. In Device Manager it has "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host controller".
No idea what this means.
Have devices plugged in to back and front ports.
Might just ignore it as the comp seems to go OK, just the message is a bit of a pain. Cheers..Ron..