PDA

View Full Version : Is Windows 7 UK Compatible in NZ?

viperviperviper006
26-08-2009, 10:08 AM
hi just wondering if a windows 7 copy bought in england would work in NZ. I could get home premium retail version one sent for about $160 but only before the 1st of September.
How much will it potentially cost retailing here.
thnx

somebody
26-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Yes it would work fine.

CYaBro
26-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Yea it would work BUT I would be very suspicious as to whether it will be a legal copy considering that the full retail version is not being released until the end of October.
Or will it not get sent out until then?

wainuitech
26-08-2009, 10:35 AM
You can pre order it But it wont be available until the 22nd October ( the only legal RTM/ Finished copies currently available AFAIK are Via Technet) - so you would have to allow time for shipping as well. As posted on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Premium-PC/dp/B002DUCMT2) --
UK customers: if you choose First Class delivery, your software should be dispatched in time for delivery on October 22nd 2009. We will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery on October 22nd 2009Also some places also wont ship Internationally.

As for NZ pricing - So Far Microsoft Have not announced the Price for the Asia pacific regions.

viperviperviper006
26-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I looking at pre-odering then getting my brother to send over.

Phil B
26-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Same here. You can bet your life they'll stiff us all they can

linw
26-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Can anyone confirm Amazon WON'T ship this to NZ?

paulw
27-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I tried at Amazon US and got.

"Important Message
The following items cannot be shipped to the addresses you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping addresses or remove the items by clicking Delete.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium cannot be shipped to the selected address.:

linw
27-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Thought as much - not surprised.

It's pretty damn annoying this discrimination by country. Great for the select few and to hell with the rest.

DataCabbitKSW
28-08-2009, 04:29 AM
The basic release should work just about any country you care to import it into. There is no longer any specific E version or whatever else. Most of the shipping restrictions have to do with laws, country import issues and taxation weirdness. Lots of software and many other things won't ship internationally or to certain countries because of those same issues. As far as authenticity: Windows 7 releases to the general public on October 22nd. However, many groups have access to Windows 7 already (source: http://tinyurl.com/nrsmj2 ). Likely the "only before 1st of September" remark is for a certain special pricing deal. However, that pricing sounds about right. If you get it and have problems getting it installed, you can always post over to Microsoft's official Windows 7 Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 .
TL;DR answer: Yes it should work.

Chilling_Silence
28-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I wonder if they'll do what they did with the Vista launch and offer it free to the first X number of people through the doors at DSE / Harvey Norman etc..?

Blam
28-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I wonder if they'll do what they did with the Vista launch and offer it free to the first X number of people through the doors at DSE / Harvey Norman etc..?

Hope so!:D

linw
28-08-2009, 01:37 PM
You can dream!!

Phil B
28-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I see on the European versions you have the option not to have media centre included.
I've ordered 2 copies from Amazon UK. If & when it's available here & we get surprised by how well priced it is, I'll just cancel the order

Chilling_Silence
28-08-2009, 09:30 PM
You can remove that, including IE in normal versions ...