PDA

View Full Version : Trademe out...

zcc
25-08-2009, 12:45 AM
I cannot believe it.

Trade Me is currently out of action.

We are currently battling with some significant hardware problems. We have a large team working as hard as possible to get things back up and running.

At this stage we are targeting to have things back up and running by 12:00am and will post updates here as we have information of relevance or a better understanding of when things will be back.

All auctions due to expire during this time will be extended by 24 hours.

We are truly sorry for this outage.
As a 11:45 pm
Anyone willing to bet it will be back on time?

Sweep
25-08-2009, 12:49 AM
I do not know but I guess you have not read this:-
http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=102569

zcc
25-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Well its back at 11:54 pm.
So they must have found the spare hard drive used as a door stop on the ground fllor and plugged it in.
Sorry for the dup thread, I did scan for similar but my eyes need replacing.

Cato
25-08-2009, 09:01 AM
25 August - 12:45am: Trade Me site back
And we’re back, what a night. We had some issues this evening that affected our database clustering software at one of our data centres. This required us to implement our disaster recovery procedures to bring the site back up.

The site was unavailable from 9:05pm to 11:50pm Monday.

All auctions that were due to close between 9:05pm Monday and 5:00am Tuesday have been extended by 24 hours.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused our members and we will be here all night monitoring things and ensuring everything is running smoothly.

Regards, the tired Tech Team at Trade Me

That's what they say...

Mind you don't trademe store credit card details? Could be someone was running short of cash... :p

KiwiTek
25-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah amazing how they got everything back up at almost the exact time they had set as their target.